Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Midway does the right thing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Default Midway does the right thing.

Dear Valued Customer,
I'm sure you're well aware that on January 15, 2013, New York passed and the Governor signed into law the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act. Now, I'm no politician, but it looks like all this law does is keep law abiding New Yorkers from purchasing or owning certain products, many of which we sell. While, I've always been against bad people doing bad things, I've also always been against honest folks being deprived of their 2nd Amendment rights. It pains me that New Yorkers are going to suffer for the acts of the wicked who don't obey laws.
When this law went into effect last week, MidwayUSA rushed to comply and keep our Customers and our company from doing anything illegal. Since this 39-page law was written and approved by people who don't know what a gun is or the difference between bullets and ammunition, we had to spend a lot of time sorting through the legalese to fully understand the details. To say the least, the law was confusing, so we erred on the side of caution. It looks like we jumped the gun a little and we are truly sorry for that.
Now that we've had time to read through the law several times and have received some answers from the NY State Police, we can fix our mistakes. Effective immediately, we've lifted our newly imposed New York restrictions on ammunition, reloading components and magazines with a capacity of 8 to 10-rounds. Now, unfortunately, we'll have to reinstate these when each portion of the law goes into effect (April 15, 2013 for magazines and January 15, 2014 for ammo). And, we'll have to reinstate these restrictions about 2-weeks prior to the effective dates to make sure Customers have these products prior to those dates (clarified by an attorney for the NY State Police).
One last thing, if you had a backorder for these products and we cancelled it, we're in the process of contacting you to see if you want this backorder recreated.
Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience we've caused you. Please understand, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers.
Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield,
Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5622 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4713

It does seem like a really good company.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #3

Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

And that is why I love ordering from them. Real good guys

Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4721 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3742

This is exactly what I expect from Midway. They're good folks to do business with.

jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Atta boy, Larry. We appreciate you and all your people - y'all are one of us.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #6

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Midway has been my go to company for years. Larry runs a fine outfit.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #7

Liked 515 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Midway has always done right by me. They are a good company to do business with.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Midway has always been a great company to deal with. Although they are not the cheapest on prices and shipping, they do not disappoint. I have never had them screw-up an order and they ship extremely fast on in stock items. They also have a great selection of products. Midway has earned my respect as a class operation

Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16823 Times on 9748 Posts
Likes Given: 43881

Midway gets most of my gun related business. they are a top notch company with very good service, good pricing and fast shipping. and now this! they continue to impress me!