Midway does the right thing.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Midway does the right thing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Default Midway does the right thing.

Dear Valued Customer,
I'm sure you're well aware that on January 15, 2013, New York passed and the Governor signed into law the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act. Now, I'm no politician, but it looks like all this law does is keep law abiding New Yorkers from purchasing or owning certain products, many of which we sell. While, I've always been against bad people doing bad things, I've also always been against honest folks being deprived of their 2nd Amendment rights. It pains me that New Yorkers are going to suffer for the acts of the wicked who don't obey laws.
When this law went into effect last week, MidwayUSA rushed to comply and keep our Customers and our company from doing anything illegal. Since this 39-page law was written and approved by people who don't know what a gun is or the difference between bullets and ammunition, we had to spend a lot of time sorting through the legalese to fully understand the details. To say the least, the law was confusing, so we erred on the side of caution. It looks like we jumped the gun a little and we are truly sorry for that.
Now that we've had time to read through the law several times and have received some answers from the NY State Police, we can fix our mistakes. Effective immediately, we've lifted our newly imposed New York restrictions on ammunition, reloading components and magazines with a capacity of 8 to 10-rounds. Now, unfortunately, we'll have to reinstate these when each portion of the law goes into effect (April 15, 2013 for magazines and January 15, 2014 for ammo). And, we'll have to reinstate these restrictions about 2-weeks prior to the effective dates to make sure Customers have these products prior to those dates (clarified by an attorney for the NY State Police).
One last thing, if you had a backorder for these products and we cancelled it, we're in the process of contacting you to see if you want this backorder recreated.
Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience we've caused you. Please understand, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers.
Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield,
Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It does seem like a really good company.
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Liked 462 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 22

And that is why I love ordering from them. Real good guys
jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Liked 8605 Times on 4657 Posts
Likes Given: 8423

This is exactly what I expect from Midway. They're good folks to do business with.
I didn't fight to defend your freedom so you could vote to take away mine.

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill."
jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #5
Liked 186 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Atta boy, Larry. We appreciate you and all your people - y'all are one of us.
"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding." - Ducard
Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
Liked 4798 Times on 2684 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Midway has been my go to company for years. Larry runs a fine outfit.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Midway has always done right by me. They are a good company to do business with.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #8
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Midway has always been a great company to deal with. Although they are not the cheapest on prices and shipping, they do not disappoint. I have never had them screw-up an order and they ship extremely fast on in stock items. They also have a great selection of products. Midway has earned my respect as a class operation
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Midway gets most of my gun related business. they are a top notch company with very good service, good pricing and fast shipping. and now this! they continue to impress me!