Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Michigan rights to carry ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Michigan rights to carry ??

Over the past few days I've called the St. Police posts in most of our countys.
I received a chilly response in almost all cases, in which one where I was threatened with jail if spotted.
Please read the following, and please give your feedback.

Open Carry is the Law in Michigan

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
Will Rogers

BTW, I'm front left in my avatar pic.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2010, 03:40 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here's the best source of info for OC in Michigan that I've found so far: Michigan - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

If you are going to OC, you need to know "the drill" of what you need to do/say when (not if) you are confronted by and LEO. You also need to add an extra piece of gear to your daily load-out...namely a digital voice recorder.

The followup to this guys question is invaluable on all these levels: 1st Encounter with LEO - Michigan - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

Old 06-05-2010, 04:29 AM   #3

Don't forget Handgunlaw.us

DO remember that just because something is not illegal, it does NOT necessarily make it a good idea. For example, it is not against the law to step out in front of an oncoming train, but that does not make it a good idea.

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 06-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #4

Thanks Pat, but things are a little different here. They KNOW it's illegal, but they run you through the court system to cost you alotta money.
I guess the only way to protect yourself from harrassment is to carry a recorder every time you want to walk your dog and be prepared to hire an attorney.

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
Will Rogers

BTW, I'm front left in my avatar pic.