Michigan Man Guilty of Second Degree Murder - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Michigan Man Guilty of Second Degree Murder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #51
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7947 Times on 4302 Posts
Likes Given: 16856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
"... unless they are shooting-in, at you ... ."
A modern drive-by shooting into your home would be a conceivable situation.
That's a puzzle. A passenger shooting from a vehicle that is driving away, the threat is leaving and continuing at the same time. And who is to say they would not return for another attempt?

Someone (or more than one) using bullets to jackhammer through your walls, is definitely cause for defense.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #52
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22028 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

as drive-by shootings are usually carried out by gang-bangers and drug pushers, trying to level the playing field on their rivals.............

well, i'll let everyone draw their own conclusions about whether they should shoot from the house or not......

Old 08-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #53

Liked 181 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
"... unless they are shooting-in, at you ... ."

That would present an interesting question -- like a gunfight in the Old West.

A modern drive-by shooting into your home would be a conceivable situation.

Still, I do not believe you would get away unprosecuted if you shot at the drive-by shooters from inside your home.

Does not sound like a good idea to shoot from inside your home at anyone outside your home. Not unless they come inside.
Wasn't referring to a drive by, I was thinking more along the scenario of a man trying to get into your home with a gun in his hand or pointing or shooting in at you, yes, legally you might be better off to wait for him to come inside so you don't have to cut through all the red tape in the aftermath, but logistically speaking, if you have your kids in your house you would be better off blowing him away with that Mossberg before he gets the chance to make it in, and who would ever convict you of any wrong doing if that was the case?

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 08-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #54

Liked 261 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
That's a puzzle. A passenger shooting from a vehicle that is driving away, the threat is leaving and continuing at the same time. And who is to say they would not return for another attempt?

Someone (or more than one) using bullets to jackhammer through your walls, is definitely cause for defense.
It's a fascinating scenario.

Best thing would be to duck and cover -- best place would be into your bathtub.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #55
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22028 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
Wasn't referring to a drive by, I was thinking more along the scenario of a man trying to get into your home with a gun in his hand or pointing or shooting in at you, yes, legally you might be better off to wait for him to come inside so you don't have to cut through all the red tape in the aftermath, but logistically speaking, if you have your kids in your house you would be better off blowing him away with that Mossberg before he gets the chance to make it in, and who would ever convict you of any wrong doing if that was the case?
i really don't see that as a problem. the evidence would support the statements.

guy had a gun. gun was fired into the house. guy is dead when cops show up. dead guy still has a gun in his hand. they can tell shots were fired from it. cops find bullet holes in the house. homeowner shot back in self defense. case closed.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #56

Liked 261 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
You can always "draw a bead" onto someone outside your home, and then wait for them to fire the first shot or to enter by crossing the door step.

Of course, the babe in Detroit was not shooting anything.

The Detroit shooting smacks of mental illness of some kind by the shooter.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:40 AM   #57

Liked 181 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
You can always "draw a bead" onto someone outside your home, and then wait for them to fire the first shot or to enter by crossing the door step.

Of course, the babe in Detroit was not shooting anything.

The Detroit shooting smacks of mental illness of some kind by the shooter.
I have a family member that is a Michigan DOC guard, ex marine 6'3" 300 lbs that is notorious for being feared and has broken many bones of inmates. If this dude shows up where he is, i'll send my greetings. In my book the lack of empathy and remorse is just another word for evil.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves