michagan teen arrested for legal open carry - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

michagan teen arrested for legal open carry

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 15

All this rhetoric about respect for LEOS is crap. Respect is earned. This video is from last July here in Florida during the open carry hearings before the bill got destroyed by asshat liberals like Sheriff Jim Coates. So this is the LE we are to respect???????

And I come from a family of law enforcement before anyone starts barking that I hate cops, exact opposite, but respect is a 2 way street and many cops are ego maniacs

Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #72

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange
All this rhetoric about respect for LEOS is crap. Respect is earned. This video is from last July here in Florida during the open carry hearings before the bill got destroyed by asshat liberals like Sheriff Jim Coates. So this is the LE we are to respect???????

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqrLRePn8Js

And I come from a family of law enforcement before anyone starts barking that I hate cops, exact opposite, but respect is a 2 way street and many cops are ego maniacs
Amen to that.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 AM   #73
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Let me ask you a question, if there is no duty to protect an individual, do they have a duty to protect 3 people, how about 10 people? Several appeals court cases and state supreme court cases have all responded the same way, LEO does not have a duty to protect.
I'm confused... are you trying to disagree with what I said? If so, what you said doesn't make it seem that way.

If you are not trying to disagree, then you might want to restate your comment altogether.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 04-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #74
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
respect is EARNED!
Back in '93, when I was in Basic, the Sergeant Major of the Army (SMA Kidd) visited us. The one thing he said that fits in this situation.... "you should always respect the position, but respecting the man is optional".

Yes, respect is earned. But, if you disrespect the position, you disrespect all others that have held that position - even the good ones.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #75

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

Back in '93, when I was in Basic, the Sergeant Major of the Army (SMA Kidd) visited us. The one thing he said that fits in this situation.... "you should always respect the position, but respecting the man is optional".

Yes, respect is earned. But, if you disrespect the position, you disrespect all others that have held that position - even the good ones.
Well said 1+

Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #76

Liked 3293 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 3040

Yes, respect is earned. But, if you disrespect the position, you disrespect all others that have held that position - even the good ones.[/QUOTE]

That's a bunch of BS. Having served, I know the military says crap like that because they know how many dick heads they have with rank and it's their feeble way of trying to excuse their behavior rather than throw them out. The one showing disrespect to all others that have held that position is the one abusing the power of that position. You can't just throw human nature out the window. I guarantee if you got some jackass up in your face you aren't going to respect him or his position no matter how many good ones have come before him. It's up to the good cops to get rid of the bad ones. They owe it to themselves and the public.

Last edited by rjd3282; 04-27-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
That's a bunch of BS. Having served, I know the military says crap like that because they know how many dick heads they have with rank and it's their feeble way of trying to excuse their behavior rather than throw them out. The one showing disrespect to all others that have held that position is the one abusing the power of that position. You can't just throw human nature out the window. I guarantee if you got some jackass up in face you aren't going to respect him or his position no matter how many good ones have come before him. It's up to the good cops to get rid of the bad ones. They owe it to themselves and the public.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure when they encounter this kind of attitude and preconceived notions it's real easy to gain respect. You should put yourself behind the badge and try it sometime. I'm sure they would hire you they need someone like you to help improve their image.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #78
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post

i call BS!

Do your job, do it professionally and treat me with decency and respect...Then and ONLY then will you get your respect. (NEVER had a problem w/ cops but have had plenty that have had a problem with me....and i have made 42 years on this rock without so much as a parking ticket!!)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #79

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

i call BS!

Do your job, do it professionally and treat me with decency and respect...Then and ONLY then will you get your respect. (NEVER had a problem w/ cops but have had , plenty that have had a problem with me....and i have made 42 years on this rock without so much as a parking ticket!!)
well put fmj, respect is definitely earned.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
well put fmj, respect is definitely earned.
absolutly well you may have changed my mind. lets all be a..holes as soon as we encounter the badge, until they earn it. no reason at all to respect their authority, and is does not matter what kind of light this sheds on gun owers across America. lets just dismantle all the police and sherrifs across the land. i got a gun. (roll eyes)
gmaster456 Likes This 
Closed Thread