michagan teen arrested for legal open carry - Page 24
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

michagan teen arrested for legal open carry

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 03:35 AM   #231
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
I have never heard of any killer open carrying much less notorious serial killers. Killers usually hide their weapons till they commit their crimes, I may be wrong if I am Id like someone to show me ONE incident of such. Not someone carrying in their hands, open carrying on their hip. In my experience its not at all the person showing you they have a weapon leo's should be concerned about.
San Bernardino County (Calif.) Sheriff's Sargent, Dave Phelps said, "Gang members aren't known to open carry."

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 06-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #232
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2909 Times on 1895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

I have never heard of any killer open carrying much less notorious serial killers. Killers usually hide their weapons till they commit their crimes, I may be wrong if I am Id like someone to show me ONE incident of such. Not someone carrying in their hands, open carrying on their hip. In my experience its not at all the person showing you they have a weapon leo's should be concerned about.
Hypothetical situation: we get the general public to accept open carry all over the us on a regular basis. One lunatic oc his AK down the street, then turns into a bank and you know what. Then oc caused it, nra spends millions fighting repeal of oc, its a vicious circle.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Hypothetical situation: we get the general public to accept open carry all over the us on a regular basis. One lunatic oc his AK down the street, then turns into a bank and you know what. Then oc caused it, nra spends millions fighting repeal of oc, its a vicious circle.
Private institutions still have the right to prohibit items from their property. In your hypothetical, if everyone carries then do you really think the lunatic is likely to get away with anything short of a trip to the morgue?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 06-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #234

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

Hypothetical situations can span multiple scenarios,, say a lunatic oc a spork then suddenly turns into a bank and gouges out a tellers eye, do we ban sporks?people have been using anything handy to commit violence since the dawn of time, we cannot ban everything that could cause harm in the wrong hands just because of the one in a thousand chance someone could use it violently.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #235
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm not arguing about oc, I was making a point on how the other side of peoples view of guns is going to react.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I'm not arguing about oc, I was making a point on how the other side of peoples view of guns is going to react.
I think the two are intertwined. If guns and carry become more "acceptable" don't you think more people would do it?

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 06-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan

I think the two are intertwined. If guns and carry become more "acceptable" don't you think more people would do it?
+++++++^^^^^^^

Old 06-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #238
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan

Yes, all I'm trying to say is that the antis would use it as fodder, which the general public and neutral thinkers might agree with the antis that people don't need to be walking around gun slung everywhere. You guys can't see this coming?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

Yes, all I'm trying to say is that the antis would use it as fodder, which the general public and neutral thinkers might agree with the antis that people don't need to be walking around gun slung everywhere. You guys can't see this coming?
I see what your saying but the antis will attempt to use ANY excuse to try to legislate gun control. I say F' em. I'm tired of conservative gun owners who don't want to rock the boat and seem disruptive all the while the antis run around screaming and kicking and being as vocal and disruptive as possible. while we sit on our thumbs hoping they don't take away our constitutional right to bear arms. Piss on that maybe its time to shove some sh$t in their faces for once. Maybe when we all exercise our rights they will see we're not bull****ting around anymore. ( ok take a breath )
But I digress, I do see the left TRYING to use our rights against us, I'll agree there.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #240
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

I see what your saying but the antis will attempt to use ANY excuse to try to legislate gun control. I say F' em. I'm tired of conservative gun owners who don't want to rock the boat and seem disruptive all the while the antis run around screaming and kicking and being as vocal and disruptive as possible. while we sit on our thumbs hoping they don't take away our constitutional right to bear arms. Piss on that maybe its time to shove some sh$t in their faces for once. Maybe when we all exercise our rights they will see we're not bull****ting around anymore. ( ok take a breath )
But I digress, I do see the left TRYING to use our rights against us, I'll agree there.
I know, I know. I'd try to oc but I can't afford the legal b.s.

Closed Thread