michagan teen arrested for legal open carry - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > michagan teen arrested for legal open carry

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
If people start oc on a regular basis the libs will scream wild west and say there are terrorists everywhere, flooding 911 lines to the point they make oc illegal.
Recent legislation in California shows this to be true. However, after recent rulings by the SCOTUS and then MD state Supreme Court, I think a of of those types of laws will either need to be re-written to allow for it after an ID type of registration (is IL, NJ etc). DC has even admitted they are nervous that the courts will get involved and remove laws from the books so they have been re-writing legislation to "seem to comply"

I am not a fan of OC, but that is because I don't want to the bad guys to know who has what. I seriously doubt I will ever have to draw on anyone, but it is good to have the option.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

The law requires you to be 18 years of age or older to openly carry a long gun in Michigan. So, what is the best way to prove your age? Since the kid probably didn't have a certified copy of his birth certificate in his hip pocket my guess would be show the DL the officer asked for. The kid was wrong, and as a fellow gun owner his actions make me look bad. I would like to say I hope they teach him a lesson, but he may be too stupid to learn. His attitude turned an 'Okay kid. Have a nice night.' into an adult arrest record. Good going, kid.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #103

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
some will argue, this isn't the wild west. well maybe we do need to turn back the hands of the clock and step back in time when there was true justice and people were held accountable for their actions.
As I have become increasingly politically aware, I believe this more and more.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #104

Liked 2474 Times on 1607 Posts

Held accountable for their actions? Sounds good but that seems to be disappearing. It needs to start at the top, how can the next generation be held accountable when politicians and anybody else that is rich doesn't have to be held accountable for their actions.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #105
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

It's not the rich I'm concerned about. Most violent criminals are released to commit more crimes and often worse crimes after a brief stint in the local lock-up. There used to be a time when people were hanged for robbery, burglary, arson, rape and murder.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 881 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
The law requires you to be 18 years of age or older to openly carry a long gun in Michigan. So, what is the best way to prove your age? Since the kid probably didn't have a certified copy of his birth certificate in his hip pocket my guess would be show the DL the officer asked for. The kid was wrong, and as a fellow gun owner his actions make me look bad. I would like to say I hope they teach him a lesson, but he may be too stupid to learn. His attitude turned an 'Okay kid. Have a nice night.' into an adult arrest record. Good going, kid.
In MI you do not have to produce ID

Why would he have "prove" his age? It was pure and simple to harass a completely legal citizen, because some in the city do not believe mere citizens should be allowed firearms.

Other City's in the general area have had similar policies, and they have changed their policies only after someone with the balls to directly confront the situation.

Robo, you raise an interesting situation, but lets change that scenario around a bit. Guy walks in to start shooting the place up, and most of the people sitting in the restaurant are open and/or conceal carrying. Bad guy gets the message real quick to go to a liberal area where guns are restricted.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #107
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

I agree completely. You do not see Columbine or Va Tech type shootings in areas with a high CC rate. These DB's may be insane, but they are not stupid. A lone gunman with an AR is no match for 15 CC handguns.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-29-2012, 03:53 AM   #108

Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Held accountable for their actions? Sounds good but that seems to be disappearing. It needs to start at the top, how can the next generation be held accountable when politicians and anybody else that is rich doesn't have to be held accountable for their actions.
I would like to start manually and close up, with some of the rich Fuggs. Did I mention I make a perfect scalping knife? Tar and feathers anyone? Lets decorate wall street.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #109

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
It's also federal law that you have to be 18 to purchase a gun. The logical assumption would be that he was 18, unless he had the appearance and build of a 15 year old. But even then, the cop is on thin ice for this arrest.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 04-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #110

Liked 208 Times on 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan

It's also federal law that you have to be 18 to purchase a gun. The logical assumption would be that he was 18, unless he had the appearance and build of a 15 year old. But even then, the cop is on thin ice for this arrest.
Why wouldn't the logical assumption he got a gun from his fathers gun case. The old saying goes never assume anything it make an ass u me

Closed Thread