Mexican gov't to sue US firearms manufacturers? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Mexican gov't to sue US firearms manufacturers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 02:41 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 239 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Phoenix claimed to be a sanctuary city, that wouldn't enforce immigration laws. One of the laws our state legislature passed last year eliminated that "out". Have Texas do the same thing, and give the citizens the right to sue government officials for not following the law, things will change locally.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #32

Liked 1278 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Phoenix claimed to be a sanctuary city, that wouldn't enforce immigration laws. One of the laws our state legislature passed last year eliminated that "out". Have Texas do the same thing, and give the citizens the right to sue government officials for not following the law, things will change locally.
How does that work? The Feds are telling the states, don't worry about it, it's our problem. The states are being hamstrung and not allowed to enforce the rules. Doesn't this make everywhere a sanctuary city?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #33

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
How does that work? The Feds are telling the states, don't worry about it, it's our problem. The states are being hamstrung and not allowed to enforce the rules. Doesn't this make everywhere a sanctuary city?
I would say with the feds not enforcing the law and not allowing the states to enforce the laws, that it just might make every city a sanctuary city.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwillson1857 View Post
I just finished reading an article based on gun manufacturing products and their effects on numbers. I want to know what going to happen if some innocent guy gets killed by their products, should they be held for their acts.
To advocate punishing manufacturers of a product if the product is used criminally is to advocate theft. The only reason to go after big companies is to dig deep into their pockets; it has nothing to do with justice.

Punish the criminal, not the manufacturer of the tool the criminal used.

Should manufacturers of cigarettes, snack food or fast food, knives, guns, automobiles or anything that could possibly cause harm be held responsible? No. The person using those products irresponsibly should be held accountable and that's it.

Last edited by JonM; 03-12-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: deleted quoted spam link. sorry bkt but he snuck past ya

Old 03-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #35

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
To advocate punishing manufacturers of a product if the product is used criminally is to advocate theft. The only reason to go after big companies is to dig deep into their pockets; it has nothing to do with justice.

Punish the criminal, not the manufacturer of the tool the criminal used.

Should manufacturers of cigarettes, snack food or fast food, knives, guns, automobiles or anything that could possibly cause harm be held responsible? No. The person using those products irresponsibly should be held accountable and that's it.
That's the point that I try to make every time someone comes up with the "Sue the gun manufacturers" garbage. An inanimate object, a.k.a. a tool, on its own can do nothing but sit there and rust or rot. The user of the tool is responsible for what that tool is used for. That's like trying to sue screwdriver manufacturers for the fact that they can break and injure the user if used as a prybar.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1730 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 3663

Crap. Its a bunch of it.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #37

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
On the surface, this appears to me to be nothing more than Calderon posturing and pointing fingers everywhere except where they should be being pointed, at him. This action should have no legs what-so-ever, BUT, with the administration we have now... I would not be surprised if BO and Calderon had this crapola planned. Could this just be a distraction from the gunwalker scandal?

We really, really, need that big ole wall/fence/mine field/razor-wired filled border protection system.....
You hit the nail right on the head ! Mexican President Cabron, er ah, excuse me, Calderon can't even control the drug war in his own screwed up country !
His soldiers & special forces desert and become cartel killer-thug-lice ! It is the Few Rich and the many very poor of Mexico that has kept them in the commode since they kicked the French out...Big me, Little you ! The dying religion, and deader moral values of that nation in general..And they all want to walk across to over here !

There are no Ex-Marines, only Former-Marines ! Semper Fi !

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

Old 03-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #38

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I don't see how this is an issue. Bush signed a law in 2005 to protect gun makers.

http://www.gothamgazette.com/article/crime/20051101/4/1642

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3197 Times on 1605 Posts
Likes Given: 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
New Mexico politican said it best "We need to plant mines on the border" Like in the separation of North & South Korea or like the border configuration was between East & West Germany with massive guard towers.
Firebases A few 105 mm projectiles would dampen their spirits.

Seems to me, Calderon might be better served suing the Fed Govt. At least that would the right defendant.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 03-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #40

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Firebases A few 105 mm projectiles would dampen their spirits.

Seems to me, Calderon might be better served suing the Fed Govt. At least that would the right defendant.
Well, at least the BATFE and the DOJ, with AssHolder named as the primary defendant........