A message that all here should take seriously - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A message that all here should take seriously

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

Seems like it. Yah.

Well then, it's a good thing we have you to be our shining beacon of intellectual pursuit. :rollseyes:
Guess i'll have to cancel my subscription to Scientific American so i can fit your description of gun owners.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #22

Liked 205 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies View Post
Well then, it's a good thing we have you to be our shining beacon of intellectual pursuit. :rollseyes:
Guess i'll have to cancel my subscription to Scientific American so i can fit your description of gun owners.
Hey, we're all the same.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #23

Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

And I guess I'll drop out of my Masters program @ Columbia College to fit the description as well :rollseyes: Maybe I'll take a poll of my classmates (Primarily ex-LEO & ex-military) to see if any of them own firearms.. All have degrees and I would dare to say at least 90% are gun owners.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #24

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
. . . It is just a coincidence that a lot of Jews also happen to be very intellectual. . .
Darwin principle in play I think.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #25

Liked 205 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Darwin principle in play I think.
Definitely great nuclear physicists. Long historical record of excellence in academics as well. Not as keen on gun rights due to their intellectual leanings. Intellectuals often believe in idealistic things, such as you can stop gun crimes by eliminating handguns.

Not sure how that is working in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK -- the rest of the English speaking world. They are very restrictive and require registrations and training for everything. The USA is fairly "liberal" about owning and possessing firearms by comparison, although the right to bear them on your person openly or concealed varies widely among the US states, as we all know.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The Jews must realize that if Hitler had won, there would be no Jews. I guess most of the brave/sane ones are in Israel. The Israelite's sold themselves to Pharaoh so they would not starve during the 7 bad years. They did not fight the Egyptians. They did become fighters again in the Desert during the Exodus.

wow im really disappointed in firearms talk letting all this anti semitism go on. as someone who is jewish and has jewish family you offend me with your generalizations of jews like they are all the same.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #27

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnovice09 View Post
wow im really disappointed in firearms talk letting all this anti semitism go on. as someone who is jewish and has jewish family you offend me with your generalizations of jews like they are all the same.

Strong words "anti semitism". Stereotypeing, maybe. Anti Semitism, I don't think so.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #28

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnovice09 View Post
wow im really disappointed in firearms talk letting all this anti semitism go on. As someone who is jewish and has jewish family you offend me with your generalizations of jews like they are all the same.
???
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 05-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #29

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnovice09

I haven't seen any real anti-semitism here. Maybe you're just too sensitive.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #30

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

As a Jew myself, I don't consider the crux of the conversation here anti semetic. The only comment that I felt could have been was dealt with by the mods, and I thank them for that. Just one more reason why I hold this board in high esteem. I'm not sure how stereotypical one could consider what has been said because much of it, if not all, is basically truth to some degree or another. Most Jews in this nation are more liberal leaning and I'm not completely sure why that is just because of all the persecution that the Jewish nation worldwide has suffered at many hands literally for centuries. I personally consider one like myself more of a rare breed here with my conservative, if not way right, beliefs. There have been many falsehoods spread about Freemasonry over the years since it's inception in Europe in the late 1700s, even up to today. So, since I'm both Jewish by birth and a Mason by choice, what does that make me? What someone thinks that makes me is of no concern. The truth of actions are the true mettle of anybody.

The Israelis have had to take a rightward stance just to survive and to keep their nation intact. They also have designed and produced some of the finest small arms (i.e, Uzi, Galil, Desert Eagle, etc.) and continue to do so. Their international contribution to the world of firearms is undeniable.

I guess maybe I have become more thick shinned as life has gone on. Face it. All ethnicities have stereotypes about them and while all are not necessarily complimentary, they are what they are and often have at least a modicum of truth contained therein. I don't fret about stereotypes. Anti semiticism is a different story all together. That makes my blood boil. There is a major difference between the two. I live in a mixed faith home (my wife is Christian and proud of it) where we understand our differences and have conversations to that end from time to time. We celebrate each other's holidays and enjoy and embrace our differences, as all should.

Education has always been one of the hallmarks of the Jewish ideals. This is why many Jews through time have been where they are, and become feared by those like Hitler. It's not a stereotype.

Last edited by wjnfirearms; 05-21-2012 at 12:16 PM.
NativH Likes This