Mellow Mushroom No Guns Allowed - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Mellow Mushroom No Guns Allowed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29 View Post
For me I ignore the signs, because I keep my gun concealed and nobody knows it is there.

I like what Tom Greshaw says about this. I'm paraphrasing but

"one person calling or writing a letter doesn't usually make too big of a difference with businesses, especially the chain stores. However if one call becomes six, or ten, or fifteen that my friends adds up to dollars. My point being over the course of say, two or three weeks, have your friends call too. Have people from internet forums call. Have family call. They don't know these aren't actual lost customers, and well why would we tell them any different."
In Tennessee if its posted its a felony if you enter the establishment . I agree with you with what Tom Gresham said. I started listening to his show a couple months ago .

" TO EACH HIS OWN "

Old 06-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #12

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Aint that some BS. Felony, good to know.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:00 AM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988
Aint that some BS. Felony, good to know.
It varies by state. Most places it is a trespassing ticket and only if you are asked to leave and refuse.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:00 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverg420

In Tennessee if its posted its a felony if you enter the establishment . I agree with you with what Tom Gresham said. I started listening to his show a couple months ago .
Good show. If you are new its worth going through the podcast archives, never a show that doesnt teach me at least one thing. Usually two to three.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #15

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29 View Post
It varies by state. Most places it is a trespassing ticket and only if you are asked to leave and refuse.
Yeah, that's what it is here.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
FWIW, as a diabetic, I do not drink alcohol. I DO carry. As far as a drunk wresting my sidearm out of the holster, and on the spur of the moment going on a rampage in the restaurant.......... when was the last time that that happened? Did I miss it?

It is illegal to serve alcohol to someone that is drunk. Grounds to have your liquor license pulled. Why would anyone think that a drunk, with the impaired coordination associated with intoxication, would be able to do something I did not want him to do? Any that he could get my sidearm out of the Kydex holster- and that he would ever see that I am carrying a concealed weapon.

I would be willing to make a honest wager with any restaurant out there- the odds against that are similar to the odds of winning the lottery, while being hit by a meteor.

Now, what are the odds that a couple gets mugged while walking from their car to your establishment? Ever see THAT happen?

Bottom line, your business, your choice. MY money, MY choice.
Not everyone who comes into a bar is drunk. There are people who do drugs that also go to bars. There are people who go to bars to start fights. Saying that a drunk can't take your firearm may be correct. What about all the other people? Saying that no one can take your gun from you is very arrogant. I have taken many years of kempo karate, bjj and tae kwon do and I'm not that arrogant. I've seen a lotwhile I've been working there. No matter how well trained someone is anything can happen. That's why it's called training. I'm just saying that being the head of security at my bar I have to worry about a million other weapons in the bar at all times (glasses, beer bottles, pocket knives, chairs...) So I understand the their side.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverg420 View Post
Girlfreind and I was going to eat there till I saw their No guns allowed sign. Just wondering if it was just a local thing ? Most of the restuarants in downtown Chattanooga are like that .
I never let a sign stop me. If I am carrying concealed, then concealed it is, sign or no sign; unless, of course, it might be a local hospital, then I would comply.
(Why? I don't know when it comes to hospitals but I do).

Old 06-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #18

Liked 74 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Just write/tell Management this. Do they "TRUST" the FBI, Detectives, Police Officers, and Security Guards--especially Armored Vehicls Guards who bring money to Banks. I think Judges/Lawyers are different? If so, ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE RUN THROUGH THE FBI DATABASE, for any outstanding warrants, are FINGER PRINTED and other felony/misdomenors just like you have to, and go through a required test shooting and required gun carrying class, and are deemed SANE to be able to carry a gun and do their job just like you, being able to carry a gun. Just because you have a concealed weapon, doesn't mean that you go around branishing it just to show you have that weapon. IT'S FOR YOUR DEFENSE AND ANYBODY ELSE, WHO'S LIFE IS IN DANGER OF FELONY CRIMES---of course within your abilities of doing so safely and not endangering anybody else who is innocent. SO, what would they rather have eating in their establishment, a nut-case Drunk, a Scammer who comes in and leaves without paying, or a "LEGAL" Law-Abiding Citizer who just happens to have a concealed weapon that could be used to protect the Establishment if so needed. Also a person legally carrying, CAN'T DRINK(unless moderately with meal) or they will lose their Permit carrying abilities.
Del

Old 06-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Pretty sure down here in FL, you can't carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol...so there goes just about every place in the area, besides the elderly 'hot spots' to eat. Generally I still carry anyways, just sit with my left side facing out and my strong side facing the wall, so far so good.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2606 Times on 1273 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

C3 & 29,
I am with you if it is not a Federal Restricted area you can bet I will be carrying regardless of any sign. I am a legal, law abiding, trained weapons holder and no one ever knows I am carrying. As the old saying goes I would rather be tried by 12 than buried by 6. And the possible wacko will certainly not pay attention to their sign. There have been incidents of these situations all over the country. Even if had to use it in a store that was posted I would feel much better knowing I could possibly save some patrons life as well as mine and my family. Rather than watch some idiot slaughter people! They could shove that sign where the sun does not shine! But bottom line I agree I would probably just spend my money else where unless I was taken there by friends or business associates. But I would send a message to their corporate. Not that they would significantly care but I would feel better. And at least they would be aware. If every legal CCW would do the same they might realize it was not only one person complaining but many and they are in fact loosing business.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy