Mellow Mushroom No Guns Allowed
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Mellow Mushroom No Guns Allowed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Mellow Mushroom No Guns Allowed

Girlfreind and I was going to eat there till I saw their No guns allowed sign. Just wondering if it was just a local thing ? Most of the restuarants in downtown Chattanooga are like that .

" TO EACH HIS OWN "

Last edited by Riverg420; 06-04-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #2

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

I applaud you voting with your wallet and taking your business elsewhere. I would follow that up with a letter to thier management informing they WHY you won't be spending any money in thier establishment and letting them know that you are informing all of your 2A friends so they can steer clear as well.

Tack

Old 06-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i agree with the voting with the wallet approach. any business has the right to refuse service to anyone they so choose to. but we as consumers are needed for our money moreso than we need to eat out. they need to understand that people who carry are some of the most law abiding citizens there are and we pose no danger and if anything, could possibly be a deterrent to a potential crime.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Working in a bar/restaurant I understand their side of it, that being said being a gun owner I understand your side. The person who carries the gun(legally) is usually a perfect law abiding citizen. They really have to worry about everyone else that could take that weapon away and use it in a lethal manner.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #5

Liked 2493 Times on 1620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtybrd97
Working in a bar/restaurant I understand their side of it, that being said being a gun owner I understand your side. The person who carries the gun(legally) is usually a perfect law abiding citizen. They really have to worry about everyone else that could take that weapon away and use it in a lethal manner.
The chances of a ccw being used to deter a crime far outweighs the chance of the bg taking it away and doing harm with it.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9138 Times on 3946 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

FWIW, as a diabetic, I do not drink alcohol. I DO carry. As far as a drunk wresting my sidearm out of the holster, and on the spur of the moment going on a rampage in the restaurant.......... when was the last time that that happened? Did I miss it?

It is illegal to serve alcohol to someone that is drunk. Grounds to have your liquor license pulled. Why would anyone think that a drunk, with the impaired coordination associated with intoxication, would be able to do something I did not want him to do? Any that he could get my sidearm out of the Kydex holster- and that he would ever see that I am carrying a concealed weapon.

I would be willing to make a honest wager with any restaurant out there- the odds against that are similar to the odds of winning the lottery, while being hit by a meteor.

Now, what are the odds that a couple gets mugged while walking from their car to your establishment? Ever see THAT happen?

Bottom line, your business, your choice. MY money, MY choice.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 AM   #7

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

I've been meaning to make some of these for my state. Back/Front

1.jpg  

Last edited by sputnik1988; 06-04-2012 at 03:57 AM.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:43 AM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

For me I ignore the signs, because I keep my gun concealed and nobody knows it is there.

I like what Tom Greshaw says about this. I'm paraphrasing but

"one person calling or writing a letter doesn't usually make too big of a difference with businesses, especially the chain stores. However if one call becomes six, or ten, or fifteen that my friends adds up to dollars. My point being over the course of say, two or three weeks, have your friends call too. Have people from internet forums call. Have family call. They don't know these aren't actual lost customers, and well why would we tell them any different."

Old 06-04-2012, 04:12 AM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Uh.........how about the West point grad that was recently shot and killed in a Cosco store for legally carrying, by police, after the store rent-a-cop turned him into local cops as a threat to the store?? Check WND news for details of this SERIOUS tragity!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I don't know if all Mellow Mushrooms don't allow guns or just becouse it's located in downtown Chattanooga .Which Chattanooga isnt very 2A freindly city but has a high crime rate .There's not a day hardly goes by someone is not getting shot or stabbed .As we walked to another restuarant a block away we had 3 people come up to us and ask for money .Personally I don't understand their side of it their denying law abbing citizens from being able to protect themselves.Becouse the Bg,gangbangers or whatever isnt going to worry about the sign and have their guns with them and they wont need to try to take someone elses weopen

" TO EACH HIS OWN "

Last edited by Riverg420; 06-04-2012 at 04:26 AM.
rjd3282 Likes This