media is biased against guns, are Bows next? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > media is biased against guns, are Bows next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
The next item on the list will be those horrid wooden closet rods- because they could be used as a Bo staff.

And YOU- you horrible thing, you- I'll bet you have any number of them around your house, and have made NO effort whatsoever to secure them and prevent kids from playing with them. I mean really, who NEEDS a closet rod nowdays? Why, at the time that the Consitution was drafted, the coat hanger had not been invented. They never envisioned the mayhem that could be wrought with a closet rod. Usually one of the tactical ones- that has the thing that goes up over.

If it saved just ONE child, wouldn't it be worth getting a few wrinkles in your Che Guevera T-shirt?

You forgot to mention the number of suicides people commit using a closet rod. Or accidental deaths. Remember David Carradine- martial arts master- dead in a closet in Bangkok?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #22

Did you notice the look on the Newsbabe's face when she shot that thing? I think she moistened herself a tad. Definitely she is going to hit the internet and find herself one of these legal toys!

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

What kinda a**hat shoots deer and leaves them. Poaching in urban areas is dangerous and illegal, and leaving the deer in people's front yards is an awful thing to do.

Side note: I want to buy a crossbow now.

-Matt

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #24

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer
I thought I heard them say Ontario in the vid? Is this in Canada? Guns are already illegal in Canada so they have to drum up fear with something i guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Got hit w the ban propeller.......finally. Jackwagon was sent back to namby pamby land

ya they have outlawed archery up there as well in certain parts of the country.
Just want to clear some stuff up real quick. Not all guns are illegal up here. We're allowed to own a good majority of them, we just require licensing for them and a higher license for different "classes" of firearms.

As for bow hunting, it's not against the law either. Just like you guys we've got a bow season and a rifle season for big game animals.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #25

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post

Just want to clear some stuff up real quick. Not all guns are illegal up here. We're allowed to own a good majority of them, we just require licensing for them and a higher license for different "classes" of firearms.

As for bow hunting, it's not against the law either. Just like you guys we've got a bow season and a rifle season for big game animals.
Last time I hunted up there I was told certain parts of Quebec was illegal to bow hunt.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #26

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Last time I hunted up there I was told certain parts of Quebec was illegal to bow hunt.
Well frenchies are a little on the strange side up here. But I'm not sure what the hunting laws are that way since the farthest east I've lived is Ontario. Since I've got nothing better to do at this point in the day ill take a look.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #27

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Yeah, I can see how easily I could conceal that crossbow under my jacket.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Poaching in urban areas is challenging and difficult, and leaving the gut pile in people's front yards without giving them any venison is an awful thing to do.
There Blueguns, I fixed it for 'ya!

Quote:

Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #29

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

There Blueguns, I fixed it for 'ya!
Lol. Especially unethical if you don't give them any venison.

-Matt

Vikingdad Likes This