You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

MD AW Ban Sent Back for Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3488 Times on 1938 Posts
Likes Given: 1795

Default MD AW Ban Sent Back for Review

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Kolbe-v.-Hogan_Opinion.pdf

The Fourth Circuit has send this back for review to apply Strict Scrutiny.

The previous ruling of course cannot stand up to "Strict" so no matter the outcome, it will be appealed again.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/people-have-a-fundamental-right-to-own-assault-weapons-court-rules/ar-BBp8GB2?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

MD AG says he will fight this to the end. Hopefully. the end is a trip to the Supreme Court and a Victory for the Second, by I have my doubts. Especially if it is heard by the SC after Hillary appoints a new justice or three.

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Press/2016/020416.htm

Rest assured, the Office of the Attorney General will seek further review of the majority decision, either by the full Fourth Circuit sitting en banc, or by the U.S. Supreme Court."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #2

Liked 705 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 647

The Law has been struck own as being UnConstitutional.
As far as going back for review. That sounds like the Md Attorney General.
they can rewrite the Law and try again or appeal it which is what they say they will do.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:31 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3488 Times on 1938 Posts
Likes Given: 1795

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinbucket View Post
The Law has been struck own as being UnConstitutional.
As far as going back for review. That sounds like the Md Attorney General.
they can rewrite the Law and try again or appeal it which is what they say they will do.
No it has not, not even close.

The previous lower court ruling was reviewed by a Three (3) judge panel of the Fourth Circuit.

The did not rule anything.

They scolded the lower court and told them to try again, this time follow the SC guidelines and use "strict Scrutiny" and not "Intermediate Scrutiny".

At present, nothing has change, it is still law, and it must still be obeyed. The lower court must try again.

The AD in MD has vowed to bypass this Re-Try and send it back to the Fourth Circuit for a full en banc review. Or he says he will send it straight up the the SC. Either way he is fighting this to the end.

Long story long. This has not been ruled on by the Fourth, only seat back from whence it came.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:51 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4356 Times on 2634 Posts
Likes Given: 24131

Have to ask. Are you planning on voting for Hillary? You keep saying she will win, by what you post, so i have to ask if we all should so you will be correct Oh Great Prognosticator.

"If". It really is a simple, small word, with a big meaning. Try "If" sometime instead of "Will".

I will be following this, as will many former NY residents, and residents of other AW Ban states.
If I have to explain why I ride, you wouldn't understand. Explaining sex to an alien would be easier than explaining the feeling, one that boils all that is going on in your life down to what really matters each time you are in The Wind. All I can say is, Life is not Life without it.

Last edited by kfox75; 02-06-2016 at 03:54 AM.