Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > McCain gun record

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default McCain gun record

http://www.gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm

Need i say more

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

And as others will be quick and correct to point out, Obama may be far worse. But as bad as Obama is, his terrible actions to not make McCain's actions acceptable. At least, not to me.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is why i won't vote for the hack.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 07-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #4

Whoever gets it we are screwed!!!

And i don't mean in a fun spanky kinda way .....

SEMPER FI

Old 07-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If we are going to elect a "conservative" that does liberal things, I'd rather have the liberal. It will make all the difference in 2012. I'm leaning Libertarian this year. Maybe for good.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:20 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

That makes a lot of sense....
Hell, if they want to increase my taxes I would rather give them my entire paycheck...
If they want to ban my AR-15, I'd rather give them all my guns...
My nose is too big, I'll just cut it off to spite my face....

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-17-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:19 AM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My point is that the Republican party is ignoring their conservative base and will continue to do so until they see their base leaving. I'll vote for them when they put a conservative on the ticket. A conservative with a conservative record. I don't want to see Obama in the White House, but if McCain starts outlawing guns and raising taxes, we'll have nowhere but a 3rd party to go to. Republicans and Democrats are starting to look like 2 sides of the same coin.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanbybirth View Post
If we are going to elect a "conservative" that does liberal things, I'd rather have the liberal. It will make all the difference in 2012. I'm leaning Libertarian this year. Maybe for good.
A whole lot of people think Obama and his "new" ideas are great. Some of them will have a hard lesson coming if he gets in with a Dem congress.

I don't like ceding ground to leftist scum which is why neither O nor M will get my vote. If the S ends up HTF, so be it; we'll deal with it. The worse things get, the more likely others will wake up to recognize socia1ism and abandoning the rule of law and globalization are not so hot.

Quote:
My point is that the Republican party is ignoring their conservative base and will continue to do so until they see their base leaving.
Here's to hoping they do. (I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.)

Quote:
I don't want to see Obama in the White House, but if McCain starts outlawing guns and raising taxes, we'll have nowhere but a 3rd party to go to.
And leaving our borders wide open, and catering to racist groups intent on taking 1/3 of the United States by force, and further government encroachment into our lives, and....

Quote:
Republicans and Democrats are starting to look like 2 sides of the same coin.
They look like the same side of the same coin to me.

Last edited by bkt; 07-17-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

You can "deal with" what ever the next Supreme Court throws at us. And you'll be dealing with it for the rest of your life too. Whatever immoral shi% they want to force down your throat you WILL be dealing with, and you won't be able to do a damned thing about it because you voted for it, and it will be here to stay for many , many years, not just the next couple election cycles like all you "principled" voters seem to think.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #10

RL the Supreme Court possible nominees really aren't that important at this junction that and McCain is just as easily to nominate a closet liberal because of his so called centrist left leaning stance on issues like Immigration .

Steven is the oldest member of the Court at 88 and the most likely to retire already a liberal , followed by Ginsberg at 75 so even if liberals take those seats it is a wash .

Scalia and Kennedy both at 72 should survive even 8 years of Obama barring Illness and as we know Kennedy is a bit of a wildcard .

Breyer will soon be 70 and being a liberal he would probably retire in a second term of liberal power to protect the status Quo of the court .

Souter at 69 could be around for 3 perhaps even 4 Presidential cycles and Thomas , Alito and Roberts will be around for perhaps 20-25 years .

While Obama would get a chance to appoint a Supreme or two it is unlikely to make a change in the way it presently leans .

I greatly doubt McCain would nominate any conservative as strong as Roberts , Scalia or Thomas .