Mayors Against Illegal Firearms Petition USDOJ - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Mayors Against Illegal Firearms Petition USDOJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 03:35 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
I had to quote this after I stopped laughing!!!

Quite frankly I think that Eric Holder had a little more to worry about on his plate than to be concerned with something that is already law.

Correct me if I am wrong, but everyone that buys a gun has to go through a background check, yes?

If I am wrong, then why am I filling out those silly forms?

Just saying.
Yes, it sounds like they are demanding a law that already exists. WTF? Not only that but Loughner passed the check, didn't he?

Perhaps what they are demanding is that the background check be more thorough? I mean, all one has to do is to answer the questions a certain way and as long as they have no record it goes through, doesn't it? If a guy is addicted to drugs but answers "no" to that question, there is no drug test to go along with it. Regardless, Loughner had no felony criminal record and had no clinical psychiatric issues (despite having been told to get evaluations, they are voluntary and he did not get them). He did use drugs but was allegedly not using them when he committed his crimes, and even is he was he answered no to that question on the background check.

So, again, perhaps what they are after is more thorough checks with perhaps drug tests and psychiatric evaluations.
gripper Likes This 
Old 09-01-2012, 04:12 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
Thank you! - I am not very far from that address. Is it in the Bronx? I am currently in Staten Island for the meantime.
It's in Manhattan 190th Street you can Google it as well. Thanks.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #13

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Why you silly insolent serf! Dont you know that only gubmint goons are "qualified" and "skilled" enough to carry guns!?!?
Mayors Against Illegal Firearms Petition USDOJ - Legal and Activism

Coffee through the nose and all over my monitor......
gripper Likes This 
Old 09-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I thought the police force made up the laws as they go...

That's the way it is in Chicago.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvw3 View Post
I thought the police force made up the laws as they go...

That's the way it is in Chicago.
<sean connery> That's the Chicago way</sean>

Mayors Against Illegal Firearms Petition USDOJ - Legal and Activism
gripper Likes This 
Old 09-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #16

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yes, it sounds like they are demanding a law that already exists. WTF? Not only that but Loughner passed the check, didn't he?

Perhaps what they are demanding is that the background check be more thorough? I mean, all one has to do is to answer the questions a certain way and as long as they have no record it goes through, doesn't it? If a guy is addicted to drugs but answers "no" to that question, there is no drug test to go along with it. Regardless, Loughner had no felony criminal record and had no clinical psychiatric issues (despite having been told to get evaluations, they are voluntary and he did not get them). He did use drugs but was allegedly not using them when he committed his crimes, and even is he was he answered no to that question on the background check.

So, again, perhaps what they are after is more thorough checks with perhaps drug tests and psychiatric evaluations.
Never trust the antis, ever. Although what they propose appears one way there is always a Trojan Horse...a subtle word change here or there, a "may" changed to a "shall", etc. The result is always more restrictions, penalties, fees, fines, etc.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
gripper Likes This 
Old 09-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Never trust the antis, ever. Although what they propose appears one way there is always a Trojan Horse...a subtle word change here or there, a "may" changed to a "shall", etc. The result is always more restrictions, penalties, fees, fines, etc.
Don't get me wrong, I do not support any changes for the worse. I am just speculating on what they might be up to.
gripper Likes This 
Old 09-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #18

Liked 175 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Bloomberg claims to have the majority of mayors supporting MAIG, not true. The last total number of mayors count was 8,291 and the listing of MAIG members is about 700 (<11%) of which many are no longer in office, are not aware that their name is on the listing, but most of all the majority of the members do not participate.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
Bloomberg claims to have the majority of mayors supporting MAIG, not true. The last total number of mayors count was 8,291 and the listing of MAIG members is about 700 (<11%) of which many are no longer in office, are not aware that their name is on the listing, but most of all the majority of the members do not participate.
I also remember reading about some of the mayors that had participated left the group after they found out what kinds of bulls**t Bloomberg was pulling.

Kind of like the claims of Jerry Falwell and his so called "Moral Majority" bulls**t.....