mayor wants ccw rights revolked during gop convention

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > mayor wants ccw rights revolked during gop convention

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default mayor wants ccw rights revolked during gop convention

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/tampa-may-reach-out-to-gov-rick-scott-for-help-keeping-concealed-guns-away/1225987

Tampa mayor will ask govenor for help to revoke ccw permits.

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Well that's B.S cause a Florida CCW permit allows you to carry ANY LEGAL WEAPON! So if you wanted to carry a Katana you could, I guess it's too much to ask for a news source to know about the laws they are "reporting" on. If they can do it for a week they can do it for a year and then do it forever. I hope gun owners in FL fight the hell out of this!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #3

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Looks like it's time for them to vote someone else in to replace this asshat.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #4

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

it makes one wonder why with all the legislation and attempts to curtail individual rights lately what exactly are all these politicians afraid of?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #5

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

This would be a great place for Romney to take a stand and tell the major this is not needed but I seriously doubt he would do that. At the least the GOP ought to be against the violation against legal gun owners but they won't say a word either. This will be interesting.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #6

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I really wish the liberal media knew what the hell it was talking about. This, quoted from the article........

"There will be one place during the convention where concealed weapons will be banned regardless of what the state does or doesn't do in response to the city's request: inside the convention itself.

That's because the Secret Service will control access to the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the site of the convention, and it has said no one but on-duty law enforcement officers will be allowed to take guns into the event."

Perhaps if these mental defectives knew the law...... they would already know that law abiding CCW holders cannot concealed carry into any sports stadium unless the event is for a gun show. This type of reporting makes me sick, the Florida laws on CCW are pretty damn clear and 99.9% of us follow them to the letter. That is what Tampa deserves for voting in a liberal moron for a mayor.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #7

Liked 25 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

When are they going to realize that it is not the legal gun owners that are going to cause a problem, they may very well prevent one.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #8

Liked 1778 Times on 919 Posts
Likes Given: 1354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange View Post
. . . Perhaps if these mental defectives knew the law...... they would already know that law abiding CCW holders cannot concealed carry into any sports stadium unless the event is for a gun show. This type of reporting makes me sick, the Florida laws on CCW are pretty damn clear and 99.9% of us follow them to the letter. . .
I was a press photographer in the past. I had some dealing with the Service once or twice. I got a L O N G telephone interview, a ‘code name’, and had to wear the day/event lapel pin and everything when they visited our fair town.

There’s lots of different guns laws and gun availability in the US and around the world. The Service doesn’t care what the local laws or availability may be and they’re not going to trust whatever local security there is. They want to control who, and with what, may have access to the president & family. Considering that their job responsibilities include getting between a bullet and their protectorate, I don’t know that not taking it for granted, or not trusting compliance, with local regulations is so presumptuous.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2108 Times on 1156 Posts
Likes Given: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
it makes one wonder why with all the legislation and attempts to curtail individual rights lately what exactly are all these politicians afraid of?

It is US

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #10

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I was a press photographer in the past. I had some dealing with the Service once or twice. I got a L O N G telephone interview, a ‘code name’, and had to wear the day/event lapel pin and everything when they visited our fair town.

There’s lots of different guns laws and gun availability in the US and around the world. The Service doesn’t care what the local laws or availability may be and they’re not going to trust whatever local security there is. They want to control who, and with what, may have access to the president & family. Considering that their job responsibilities include getting between a bullet and their protectorate, I don’t know that not taking it for granted, or not trusting compliance, with local regulations is so presumptuous.
While I respect your past dealings with the Secret Service, you completely missed the point of my post. So I will elaborate.

Florida state law already bans any legal CCW holder from bringing a concealed weapon into the St. Pete Times Forum. The liberal mayor of Tampa has contacted the governor to put a temporary ban on something that state law already permanently bans. The oxymoron of a request, if reported by responsible media should, IMO have pointed out the fact that state law already bans it so what good is a temporary ban going to do????

This is nothing more than the liberal mayor, liberal media and the liberal Florida sheriffs association trying whip a frothing response from the public over law abiding gun toting crazies in down town Tampa during the convention.

My post had nothing to do with responsibilities of the Secret Service, but Tampa has its fair share of hookers. I am sure many of the Service will be pre occupied at best