Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   mayor wants ccw rights revolked during gop convention (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/mayor-wants-ccw-rights-revolked-during-gop-convention-62944/)

downsouth 04-20-2012 07:47 PM

mayor wants ccw rights revolked during gop convention

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/tampa-may-reach-out-to-gov-rick-scott-for-help-keeping-concealed-guns-away/1225987

Tampa mayor will ask govenor for help to revoke ccw permits.

silverado113 04-20-2012 07:54 PM

Well that's B.S cause a Florida CCW permit allows you to carry ANY LEGAL WEAPON! So if you wanted to carry a Katana you could, I guess it's too much to ask for a news source to know about the laws they are "reporting" on. If they can do it for a week they can do it for a year and then do it forever. I hope gun owners in FL fight the hell out of this!

Polygon 04-20-2012 08:11 PM

Looks like it's time for them to vote someone else in to replace this asshat.

dog2000tj 04-20-2012 08:22 PM

it makes one wonder why with all the legislation and attempts to curtail individual rights lately what exactly are all these politicians afraid of? :cool:

:rolleyes:

Jim1611 04-20-2012 08:23 PM

This would be a great place for Romney to take a stand and tell the major this is not needed but I seriously doubt he would do that. At the least the GOP ought to be against the violation against legal gun owners but they won't say a word either. This will be interesting.

Longrange 04-20-2012 11:16 PM

I really wish the liberal media knew what the hell it was talking about. This, quoted from the article........

"There will be one place during the convention where concealed weapons will be banned regardless of what the state does or doesn't do in response to the city's request: inside the convention itself.

That's because the Secret Service will control access to the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the site of the convention, and it has said no one but on-duty law enforcement officers will be allowed to take guns into the event."

Perhaps if these mental defectives knew the law...... they would already know that law abiding CCW holders cannot concealed carry into any sports stadium unless the event is for a gun show. This type of reporting makes me sick, the Florida laws on CCW are pretty damn clear and 99.9% of us follow them to the letter. That is what Tampa deserves for voting in a liberal moron for a mayor.

gilfo 04-20-2012 11:37 PM

When are they going to realize that it is not the legal gun owners that are going to cause a problem, they may very well prevent one.

Vincine 04-21-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longrange (Post 777286)
. . . Perhaps if these mental defectives knew the law...... they would already know that law abiding CCW holders cannot concealed carry into any sports stadium unless the event is for a gun show. This type of reporting makes me sick, the Florida laws on CCW are pretty damn clear and 99.9% of us follow them to the letter. . .

I was a press photographer in the past. I had some dealing with the Service once or twice. I got a L O N G telephone interview, a ‘code name’, and had to wear the day/event lapel pin and everything when they visited our fair town.

There’s lots of different guns laws and gun availability in the US and around the world. The Service doesn’t care what the local laws or availability may be and they’re not going to trust whatever local security there is. They want to control who, and with what, may have access to the president & family. Considering that their job responsibilities include getting between a bullet and their protectorate, I don’t know that not taking it for granted, or not trusting compliance, with local regulations is so presumptuous.

JTJ 04-21-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 777095)
it makes one wonder why with all the legislation and attempts to curtail individual rights lately what exactly are all these politicians afraid of? :cool:

:rolleyes:

It is US:D

Longrange 04-21-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine (Post 777347)
I was a press photographer in the past. I had some dealing with the Service once or twice. I got a L O N G telephone interview, a ‘code name’, and had to wear the day/event lapel pin and everything when they visited our fair town.

There’s lots of different guns laws and gun availability in the US and around the world. The Service doesn’t care what the local laws or availability may be and they’re not going to trust whatever local security there is. They want to control who, and with what, may have access to the president & family. Considering that their job responsibilities include getting between a bullet and their protectorate, I don’t know that not taking it for granted, or not trusting compliance, with local regulations is so presumptuous.

While I respect your past dealings with the Secret Service, you completely missed the point of my post. So I will elaborate.

Florida state law already bans any legal CCW holder from bringing a concealed weapon into the St. Pete Times Forum. The liberal mayor of Tampa has contacted the governor to put a temporary ban on something that state law already permanently bans. The oxymoron of a request, if reported by responsible media should, IMO have pointed out the fact that state law already bans it so what good is a temporary ban going to do????

This is nothing more than the liberal mayor, liberal media and the liberal Florida sheriffs association trying whip a frothing response from the public over law abiding gun toting crazies in down town Tampa during the convention.

My post had nothing to do with responsibilities of the Secret Service, but Tampa has its fair share of hookers. I am sure many of the Service will be pre occupied at best :)