Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Mayor Bloomberg's MAIG poll (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/mayor-bloombergs-maig-poll-87768/)

KJG67 03-29-2013 04:00 PM

Mayor Bloomberg's MAIG poll

Sorry if this was posted previously. Searched and did not see it.

From Illiniois State Rifle Association (results go to your Representatives): Mayor Bloomberg's MAIG is circulating a 'poll' among anti-gun circles to try and create more fake 'grassroots' support. There are more ISRA members than there are anti-gun group members nationwide. Show them that. (registration required)

I'm presuming all here will Oppose. :rolleyes:

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

1911love 03-29-2013 06:10 PM

Weren't quite a few members of MAIG criminals themselves? I saw a number in America's First Freedom a couple years ago, but I can't remember the details.

jw2atech 03-29-2013 08:24 PM

Already Voted. Thanks for posting!

This is an important poll that we are currently losing on. Let's knock this one out of the park! Take the poll & vote to OPPOSE.
And don't forget to share it.

AIKIJUTSU 03-29-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911love (Post 1195633)
Weren't quite a few members of MAIG criminals themselves? I saw a number in America's First Freedom a couple years ago, but I can't remember the details.

You make a very good point. My guess is that a lot of the loud-mouthed anti-gunners are themselves people who have lost their right to own guns due to felony convictions, restraining orders, domestic violence issues. And they would please like the rest of us, the law abiding citizens, to be denied our rights, too.

fa35jsf 03-29-2013 08:42 PM

Read the comments on the "Support" side of the page and you will get a good idea of who we are up against in this fight. Here is a bio of average liberal Joe Shmuckately:

Emotional
Believes Aurora and Newtown shooters had Automatic weapons
Believe Automatic weapons are legal
Believe Automatic Weapons are legal and can be "bought at Wal-Mart without a background check"
Think the 2nd Amendment allows the right to have an army during times of war.
Uses some weird terminology such as "Ballistic Bullet"
And thinks anyone parading the street with a gun on in any way is just playing soldier and killing children.

That sums up the comments page.

fa35jsf 03-29-2013 09:16 PM

Oh and I also forgot, they tend to have poor grammar making their message difficult to understand. Hopefully this lack of proper education and grammar is not lost on our congressmen and senators.

fa35jsf 03-29-2013 09:27 PM

I just couldn't let this comment go. This is who is teaching kids up in Michigan.

"I am an administrator in a public school system...In addition, there is NO common sense reason for anyone but police officers to have military assault weapons and/or bullets that pierce protective armor that police wear. And in the last 500 years when have we had to raise our guns to protect ourselves from the tyranny of our government."

:(:o

DrumJunkie 03-29-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa35jsf (Post 1195792)
I just couldn't let this comment go. This is who is teaching kids up in Michigan.

"I am an administrator in a public school system...In addition, there is NO common sense reason for anyone but police officers to have military assault weapons and/or bullets that pierce protective armor that police wear. And in the last 500 years when have we had to raise our guns to protect ourselves from the tyranny of our government."

:(:o

Really? the last 500 years and no guns against any government? Apparently this guy(?) didn't study history when he was a student.

jgoertz 03-29-2013 09:50 PM

Voted to "oppose".

GTX63 03-29-2013 10:07 PM

Take the current weapons from our soldiers in the mid east and give them all mini 14s and semi auto Bushmasters and see if anything changes.