May have to move out of Illinois Real Fast - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > May have to move out of Illinois Real Fast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2034 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
I take issue with that VERY broad brushstroke Nitestalker. Lets ease up on the left vs right flame war. Lines are heavily blurred these days. Not every gun owner is a GOP fan, living in a red state. Im a proud union guy, supporting my family, well educated and work my ass off living in a blue state. I am a 3rd party voter who leans Democrat and just as big of a gun rights enthusiast as you are.

Lets stop the divide. Its getting old. Talk about uneducated lambasting!
here here!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #32

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

What does your job and the fact that you belong to a Union have to do with this subject. Why is a conservitive progun view called flaming on gun and shooting forum?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #33

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
What will happen? The people who want to protect their rights all move to Red States. The poorly educated dependent classes populate the Blue States
You must have a short memory friend....

Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #34

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/sandy-hook-shootings-unions_n_2341181.html

Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #35

Liked 4786 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
What will happen? The people who want to protect their rights all move to Red States. The poorly educated dependent classes populate the Blue States.
NS...

The short answer to your question is yes...
Blue States continue to push a combination of anti liberty, higher taxes/regulations, and more and more generous entitlement package while ignoring immigration laws which results in "incentivized relocation". Folks needing a handout move in while productive tax payers and business move out.

Red States pushing opposite agendas by lowering taxes/regulations, enforcing immigration, and cutting welfare programs are attracting businesses and seeing illegals flow around them to land in more friendly states.

That does not mean everyone in a Blue State is uneducated or on welfare, and I don't think that's what you meant but on a long view of the socioeconomic reallity...you hit the nail on the head.

Those who poo poo the notion of a Second Civil war should consider the fact that Red States with roaring economies such as Texas pay out far more to the Fed's than they take in. This will become more and more necessary to fund failing Blue States and there insolvent pension and entitlement programs as policies continue to create these patterns of "incentivized relocations".

It is simply a matter of time as Red States begin footing more and more of the bill. I find it very likely that most of us will see secession in our lifetime.

Tack
Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #36

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

So now teachers and certain unions are the bad guys? What exactly are you driving at here with your posts? That only the good old boys in southern red states are true 2A activists? There is a NATIONAL anti-gun movement going on right now. I will not quit my job simply because a small group of hurt teachers & parents are gathering support against the NRA. they are angry, they are in pain, they want answers. They do not dictate all unions, or blue states. PA is a blue state and we have some of the best 2A support than many other states, even red ones! WAKE UP. Blue states arent all filled with hippie liberals!

The NRA and gun rights folks have to take an intelligent approach to counter these assault weapons bans protests. Done arguing. Dont pick a fight you cannot support without any hypocrisy

Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #37

The Unions poured millions into the election of the Left Wing Democratics and RHINOs. The Blue states are a Haven for income redistribution. The Union members are in a protected comfort zone. How long can productive Red states be expected to pay for these entitlements and protected few high paid Union memebers?
The members of the NRA,GOA 2nd A groups dig into their meager pockets to save gun rights. The Fat Bloated Union funds pour into the antigun groups by the millions. Yes there is anger and there is a reason.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I would sell off and move.
Did just that in 1998!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #39

Earl you are the man.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2034 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
It is simply a matter of time as Red States begin footing more and more of the bill. I find it very likely that most of us will see secession in our lifetime.
I sure hope you are wrong about that. I for one am a bit more optimistic about things. I don't think the rest of the union would allow it. Just like last time