May have to move out of Illinois Real Fast - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > May have to move out of Illinois Real Fast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Makes me wonder if they pulled it because it will prove taking guns away from responsible legal gun owners will increase crime. You cannot tell me armed criminals will not take advantage of the situation. Something WILL happen to bring to the attention of the nation proving criminals will still have their "assault weapons". If one state passes an AWB and it goes badly it will put a damper on the government's agenda.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 699 Times on 361 Posts

I have a different theory, if Illinois passed a major weapons ban then it got struck down by a lower federal court it could jeopardize a national ban, or at least they would look pretty stupid attempting one in the face of a judgement. Me thinks they were told to back off and let the big boys play this game....

Old 01-04-2013, 04:31 AM   #23

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop
I have a different theory, if Illinois passed a major weapons ban then it got struck down by a lower federal court it could jeopardize a national ban, or at least they would look pretty stupid attempting one in the face of a judgement. Me thinks they were told to back off and let the big boys play this game....
Me agrees......

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #24

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 231

From an email I received this morning, they cite different reasons, but who really knows (I also read that the senator endorsed by the FOP-fraternal order of police, was going to cast a vote for the ban):

BREAKING NEWS: Illinois Gun Owners Dodged a Bullet!

This just in.
The Democrats have pulled their gun ban bills for now.

Translation: They don’t have the votes.
What’s up? Three “key votes” are out of town, coupled with an onslaught of voter backlash (that would be your phone calls!). Thank you for making those calls.
The biggest reason we get to keep our freedom is because three freedom eschewing gun grabbers are out of town… that’s how close we came to losing this… but next week is another story.
From Sun-Times – State Sen. Jeff Schoenberg (D-Evanston) is in Israel. State Sen. Suzi Schmidt (R-Lake Villa) is missing because of her mother’s death, and Senate Majority Leader James Clayborne (D-Belleville) had a health issue arise involving a family member, Steans said.
Rich Miller at CapFax has this to say:
(CapFax) – * 12:59 pm – From what I’m hearing, you can forget about both issues for the rest of the lame duck session. What a mess.

According to the news that bills that were being proposed were HB1263 - Assault Weapons Ban - Amendments 5, 6, & 7 and HB0815 - Amendment #3 - High Capacity Magazine Ban which limits the capacity to a maximum of 10 rounds. The amendments are where it states what they are wanted to push through with the original bills. The Assault weapons bills do not list what types of weapons they want to ban but it states "Automatic and Semi-Auto" weapons so this could include a lot of guns including hand guns. The first link below is for HB1263 Amendment #7 and the second is for HB 815 Amendment #3. What I find interesting is that the high capacity magazine amendment bill is linked to a nuclear energy plant bill.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09700HB1263sam007&GA=97&Sessi onId=84&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=57242&DocNum=1263&GAID= 11&Session
http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09700HB0815sam003&GA=97&Sessi onId=84&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=56601&DocNum=815&GAID=1 1&Session

Thanks to all who made phone calls! We need this kind of grassroots efforts to keep this kind of nonsense from creeping up in our state.But we are not out of hot water yet! This could be voted on at any time in the next week until the new legislature is sworn in, SO KEEP THOSE PHONE CALLS COMING...

United Risk International - Training Division
2222 Lunt Avenue
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
(877) 593 9995

I still want to move out of this state ASAP, just not getting any offers on my place yet......

Old 01-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #25

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

What will happen? The people who want to protect their rights all move to Red States. The poorly educated dependent classes populate the Blue States.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2042 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
What will happen? The people who want to protect their rights all move to Red States. The poorly educated dependent classes populate the Blue States.
if I read your statement verbatim, you are implying that anyone who isn't a gun rights advocate/gun owner is poorly educated and/or part of the dependent class. one of the more ambitious over-generalizations I have seen in a while......

Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #27

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Not only that ^^ but there are some of us who are not able to just pick up and move for many reasons. If it were at all possible I'd be out of this state, but for now I have to play the hand I've been dealt. Besides all that, last I checked Illinois was still a part of the United States and as such its residents should be afforded the rights that people in other states have.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #28

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Choleshooter you continue to "Troll" on this forum. It is getting a little more than tiresome.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #29

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I take issue with that VERY broad brushstroke Nitestalker. Lets ease up on the left vs right flame war. Lines are heavily blurred these days. Not every gun owner is a GOP fan, living in a red state. Im a proud union guy, supporting my family, well educated and work my ass off living in a blue state. I am a 3rd party voter who leans Democrat and just as big of a gun rights enthusiast as you are.

Lets stop the divide. Its getting old. Talk about uneducated lambasting!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2042 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Choleshooter you continue to "Troll" on this forum. It is getting a little more than tiresome.
you will just have to get over it, man. you don't own this forum. quit acting like it