Found on another forum, Rep Waxman (Commie Rat)
Let me start with this: there’s no chance in hell that this bill will pass.
H.R. 2910 is a House bill, meaning that the Republican controlled legislative body would need to approve it before it gets its day in the Senate:
The only way that would happen is if almost every House Republican found themselves incapacitated simultaneously. Somehow.
Nevertheless, it’s some scary stuff, and exactly what you’d expect from a California Democrat making a grandstand play . . .
Here are the highlights:
1. “Assault weapons” receivers would be labeled as “hazardous products”
2. Non-complete lower receivers (blanks, sheets, 80% lowers and the like) for “assault weapons” would be banned from sale
3. ANY INDIVIDUAL PARTS for an AR-15 would be BANNED from sale, including upper receiver groups, bolt carrier groups, and the like.
4. Uses a “single feature” test for defining “assault weapons”
5. Eliminates the ban on using federal funds for gun control advocacy
6. The biggest thing here is that the bill seeks to make it illegal to sell any parts (single parts or kits, either one) that can be used to construct an “assault weapon.” That means upper receiver groups would be illegal without a registered lower receiver attached and logged in the bound books of manufacturers and subject to ATF inspection.