martial law scenario
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > martial law scenario

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 975
Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default martial law scenario

I know you have all heard the news in Boston. It is very sad that a Leo lost his life and innocents. I have been thinking about the police activity.

What would YOU do in a situation where they went door to door taking guns? Just curious. I'm not trying to collect a list of names (lol) but I am really pondering this. I mean we spend so much money in protecting ourselves and family for them to just take it all away. I don't care how many police are in my town during martial law, I still want to have a firearm to access. I'm sure they aren't going to position cops in each house. Again guys not trying to start a debate. Just want your wise input on how to handle a situation. I guess I personally would remain quiet. "Sorry officer, we voted for Obama and took biden's advice and got our shotgun taken away for firing two blasts in the air."

Edit- For those of you that are making comments that this post says that gun were taken, the second half was a SCENARIO S C E N A R I O Guns were not taken, martial law not declared but houses were searched lightly.

__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Last edited by molonlabexx; 04-20-2013 at 07:23 PM.
molonlabexx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

They ain't coming in my house without a warrant, period. To me, martial law does not equate to coming in my house, taking my guns and setting up shop.. That scenario is exactly what the 2nd amendment is for.

__________________

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

deadsp0t is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 975
Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
They ain't coming in my house without a warrant, period. To me, martial law does not equate to coming in my house, taking my guns and setting up shop.. That scenario is exactly what the 2nd amendment is for.
I agree dead. This is a great plan and a sensible one. I just ponder in the Katrina martial law case.
__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
molonlabexx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx

I agree dead. This is a great plan and a sensible one. I just ponder in the Katrina martial law case.
Not exactly sure what you mean..?
That was kind of a unique situation where ppl were displaced(I won't even go there), and idiots were looting etc.. In that environment, if I'm not displaced I'm certainly locking down lol
__________________

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

deadsp0t is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 975
Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Not exactly sure what you mean..?
That was kind of a unique situation where ppl were displaced(I won't even go there), and idiots were looting etc.. In that environment, if I'm not displaced I'm certainly locking down lol
I'm saying it was dramatic. It was a unique situation as you stated above. On the contrary, they were confiscating from high and dry gated communities. And what if your funs were taken and the looters took your house. Some people said they only took the unattended guns. I think they took then all.
__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
molonlabexx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx

I'm saying it was dramatic. It was a unique situation as you stated above. On the contrary, they were confiscating from high and dry gated communities. And what if your funs were taken and the looters took your house. Some people said they only took the unattended guns. I think they took then all.
I would take serious issue with that!!!!
I find it hard to believe gun owners would leave guns unattended, BUT with that said, we have found guns, nice guns left behind in foreclosed homes and in unpaid storage units.. Confusing to say the least.
In a situation like that I could see ppl that planned and left in plenty if time taking their guns/collections but people who waited till the last minute having to leave some behind. In the other hand gun collectors usually strike me as the type to plan ahead and leave in advance of a disaster they could see coming..
Ohhh I'm confused now lol
__________________

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

deadsp0t is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 975
Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

I would take serious issue with that!!!!
I find it hard to believe gun owners would leave guns unattended, BUT with that said, we have found guns, nice guns left behind in foreclosed homes and in unpaid storage units.. Confusing to say the least.
In a situation like that I could see ppl that planned and left in plenty if time taking their guns/collections but people who waited till the last minute having to leave some behind. In the other hand gun collectors usually strike me as the type to plan ahead and leave in advance of a disaster they could see coming..
Ohhh I'm confused now lol
yeah that makes sense. It is not responsible to leave guns anywhere without a lock on them.
__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
molonlabexx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,626
Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4293

Default

Courtesy of www.SHTFplan.com

More pics at the link

BATTLEFIELD USA: De Facto State of Martial Law Declared In Boston *Pics From the War Zone*

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/battlefield-usa-a-de-facto-state-of-martial-law-has-been-declared_04192013



__________________

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 04-20-2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Forgot the link
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,087
Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default

"Coming soon to a neighborhood near you!"
__________________
PanBaccha is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,433
Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
I agree dead. This is a great plan and a sensible one. I just ponder in the Katrina martial law case.
There was no martial law declared in N.O...........The cops decided to confiscate guns for thier protection. The only problem was, they were taking guns from honest citizens, and raiding the gun shops and stores that sold guns, then the weapons some how all disapeared.....Most made there way to Texas................
__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Scenario: nineguy General Handgun Discussion 37 04-15-2012 06:48 PM
Scenario bkt_tater The Club House 17 10-03-2011 04:46 AM
Scenario -What would you do? jamesb Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 58 09-21-2011 03:15 PM
Is martial law imminent? Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 41 08-11-2009 05:00 PM