Martial Law in America?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Martial Law in America?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Martial Law in America?

That's one of the threats being used to pressure congress into passing the bail-out bill.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glad you found this. I saw it live yesterday and I was impressed with this guy. I happen to agree with a Dem. OMGZ!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm at work so I can't watch the video but what do you think the likelyhood of martial law actually going into effect is? I know anything is possible but I just don't see that happening anytime soon. I think the government would, or try to step in with the National Guard/military to maintain order similar to what they did in New Orleans during Katrina. That's also assuming our military has the strength to do so and continue all our over seas efforts.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A few months ago I would think it's tinfoil hat material, but these days I am reassessing a lot of assumptions.

Related to this, earlier in the week I read that there's a U.S. army unit to be based in the U.S. starting Oct 1st to help with domestic "civil unrest and crowd control":

http://www.prisonplanet.com/northcom-denies-troops-to-be-used-for-crowd-control.html

Old 10-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
A few months ago I would think it's tinfoil hat material, but these days I am reassessing a lot of assumptions.
You and me both, Quasi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
Related to this, earlier in the week I read that there's a U.S. army unit to be based in the U.S. starting Oct 1st to help with domestic "civil unrest and crowd control":

http://www.prisonplanet.com/northcom-denies-troops-to-be-used-for-crowd-control.html
Yup, read about that a few days ago. It bothers me a great deal. There's also the Canadian/American Bilateral Civil Assistance Plan "...that allows the military from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a civil emergency."

I don't remember being asked to vote for or against that issue.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Reading that prisonplanet article makes me think our government is up to something. I've been in the military and I know they don't just activate a unit for no apparent reason, especially not for a defined time period like that. I dont know what is going to happen but that alone makes me nervous. Thanks for the info!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer