Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15 - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
He's not really saying anything about gay marriage, he's just using it as an example. A good one, BTW.
Thank you, sir.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #72

Liked 688 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
He's not really saying anything about gay marriage, he's just using it as an example. A good one, BTW.
What ???
Then why was the subject of gay marriage even brought up? How anyone feels on that subject to me is not relevant to the firearms rights debate. If anyone wanted to make a parallel point in the discussion, why didn't they mention Cerberus Capital's divestment in Freedom Group after the Newtown shootings.... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/18/cerberus-capital-freedom-group-gun-manufacturer_n_2321258.html ....because the father of Cerberus chief executive Stephen Feinberg lives in Newtown ????

After attending a couple of (supposedly) pro-gun rights rallies here locally and seeing signs held up with subjects from impeachment, taxes, abortion, gay rights, God (someone was even holding up the 10 commandments) that have nothing to do with the subject at hand... I can predict that anyone who has sympathy for our cause, but disagrees on those issues will not support us and start to believe how the media at large wants to paint us all.. A bunch of bigoted, gun crazy, narrow minded yahoos. .... and then we will lose the debate. Staying unfocused, divided and uninviting to others will cause the death of the pro-gun movement.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The subject was brought up to illustrate that the politicians have no convictions of serving their constituents. They support whatever legislation is convenient for their personal priorities. The "gay" part of it is irrelevant except that that was the specific example of the politician being a turncoat for his own convenience. This forum has too much of people looking for excuses to put others down. If anything will defeat its purpose, that will.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 03-20-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #74

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
His wife was shot with a handgun. He goes into the LGS and purchases a 1911 and an AR, then after the fact, says he was buying the AR to prove a point and is donating it to the Po Po, but he is keeping the handgun.....
I don't buy the whole " I'm donating the AR to the police... its like those idiots on the show bait car... the get caught then say... I was driving it to the police station I swear... lol
Old 03-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #75

Liked 688 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
The subject was brought up to illustrate that the politicians have no convictions of serving their constituents. They support whatever legislation is convenient for their personal priorities. The "gay" part of it is irrelevant except that that was the specific example of the politician being a turncoat for his own convenience. This forum has too much of people looking for excuses to put others down. If anything will defeat its purpose, that will.
Okay then.. I'll repeat ... How anyone feels on that subject to me is not relevant to the firearms rights debate. ... and to call someone a "turncoat" because they open their heart up to tolerance and love and reject prejudice and hate upon reflection and start to admit that they might have been wrong is a non-defensible position IMHO also. If you bother reading my previous posts on the resent 2A rallies I've attended you'll see I'm not the one picking fights either... but rather I'm standing up for my fellow gun owners who happen to be gay, lesbian, black, Asian, Latino and every other creed, race lifestyle and culture that we now call the United States. I will not apologize OR back down from that ever. Believe it or not.. they are just as concerned about loosing gun rights as we are.

That's my final word at this campfire... I'm moving on.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #76
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Okay then.. I'll repeat ... How anyone feels on that subject to me is not relevant to the firearms rights debate. ... and to call someone a "turncoat" because they open their heart up to tolerance and love and reject prejudice and hate upon reflection and start to admit that they might have been wrong is a non-defensible position IMHO also. If you bother reading my previous posts on the resent 2A rallies I've attended you'll see I'm not the one picking fights either... but rather I'm standing up for my fellow gun owners who happen to be gay, lesbian, black, Asian, Latino and every other creed, race lifestyle and culture that we now call the United States. I will not apologize OR back down from that ever. Believe it or not.. they are just as concerned about loosing gun rights as we are.

Please do.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #77

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I'm trying to stay focused on the gun issue and all of a sudden this gay stuff pops up. No pun intended. First of all an anus is an exit and not an entrance, so lets really end this subject on this forum and leave gay gun rights to MSNBC.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #78
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post

Here's what he was doing. he was compaing the situations. The Senator changed his views on gay marriage after his son turned out to be gay, just like Kelly and Giffords changed their views on guns after Giffords was shot.
They both changed their views based on their own PERSONAL experiences. Regardless of what their constituants wanted, they are trying to make laws based on their personal opinions.
He was NOT saying anything (good or bad) about gay marriage. He was talking about the SITUATION, and how it was was simular to the situation with Kelly and Gifford.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 03-20-2013 at 09:13 PM.
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #79

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmstw View Post
Attachment 90940

Hahahahahahahaha
Not cool and not funny...I guess some gun owners are a$$holes after all.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #80
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 2443

Again,
I really feel sorry for Gabby.
Terrible thing that happened.
And,
I would like to have a one on one talk with the husband
to find out for sure,