Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15 - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #61
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6895 Times on 3465 Posts
Likes Given: 7484

Tack, I agree sorta when it comes to the Developmentally disabled Population but TBI doesnt mean shes not capable of rational thought, its obvious she still has her wherewithal intact. My sister is TBI and while her expressiveness isnt as eloquent as it was before the injury, she still kicks it when she wants, just cant remember what she ate for breakfast!

Shes not a Drone, shes a verbally damaged Repubicrat that still wants her face on the front page and her Hubby isnt any different other than he speaks as well as he ever has. She's not being played any more than she's willing to be a player, if there is any shame here, it lays directly on her husbands shoulders for letting her be put on display like a freak show. Others are using her as a shield against scrutiny by tossing her out in front to distract while they do their dirty deeds behind the curtain.

Sorry Tack, I mostly agree with you but on this one I must respectfully disagree. In Nam, Kids handed grenades without pins to my friends and we were too moral to protect ourselves. The Islamic Terrorists have even taken to Bomb Vesting Woman and Children. Marching the kids out on a Superbowl field after they watched their friends get massacred, Rolling Brady out and sending Gabby to the front lines is a tactic we cannot allow ourselves to be charmed by. Victims are not hero's because they were injured by a freak, they deserve our compassion, not our political support for a new Law with their name plastered all over it.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:50 AM   #62

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Well sure... It he's interested in flying a "bus" for our wonderful commercial airline industry... "which would collapse if we stopped propping it up with tax dollars"... yea... I suppose he's "employable".

Just saying... after piloting a space shuttle... would anyone really want to fly a buss? when they could go after a much more lucrative and exciting career as a Politician?

Hey, 40k in your freezer... No problem... your a POLITICIAN!
Tax payer funded HOOKERS... No problem... your a POLITICIAN!
Intern BJ's under your desk... No problem... your a POLITICIAN!
Buy some worthless desert property... fund a new interstate right along side... sell it for a BUNDLE... No problem... your a POLITICIAN!

Tack
Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Well now, you make being a politician sound downright groovy!!
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.
-John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 03-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #63

Liked 4999 Times on 2425 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Web... No problem my friend... We can respectfully disagree.

Personally, I don't know the extent to which her faculties were damaged and I recognize that motor skill does not necessarily equal cognitive ability, however, I also recognize that a "victim" is never a "productive" target.

Whether she is the mastermind "idiot sevant" pulling Marks strings OR the hapless handicapped victim of a horrible crime and being exploited, is irrelevant. Mark, as the suffering husband and honorable Space Man IS the sympathetic figure here... He's the one doing the majority of the talking... He's the one trying to launch a political career... And attacking or belittling Gabby only HELPS him.

Regardless of what we think of her actions... She is Teflon Coated.

Mark on the other hand is vulnerable... and a productive target.

"STATEGERY"

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Tack, I agree sorta when it comes to the Developmentally disabled Population but TBI doesnt mean shes not capable of rational thought, its obvious she still has her wherewithal intact. My sister is TBI and while her expressiveness isnt as eloquent as it was before the injury, she still kicks it when she wants, just cant remember what she ate for breakfast!

Shes not a Drone, shes a verbally damaged Repubicrat that still wants her face on the front page and her Hubby isnt any different other than he speaks as well as he ever has. She's not being played any more than she's willing to be a player, if there is any shame here, it lays directly on her husbands shoulders for letting her be put on display like a freak show. Others are using her as a shield against scrutiny by tossing her out in front to distract while they do their dirty deeds behind the curtain.

Sorry Tack, I mostly agree with you but on this one I must respectfully disagree. In Nam, Kids handed grenades without pins to my friends and we were too moral to protect ourselves. The Islamic Terrorists have even taken to Bomb Vesting Woman and Children. Marching the kids out on a Superbowl field after they watched their friends get massacred, Rolling Brady out and sending Gabby to the front lines is a tactic we cannot allow ourselves to be charmed by. Victims are not hero's because they were injured by a freak, they deserve our compassion, not our political support for a new Law with their name plastered all over it.

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 03-18-2013 at 05:23 AM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 03-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #64
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6895 Times on 3465 Posts
Likes Given: 7484

Quote:
Web... No problem my friend... We can respectfully disagree.

Personally, I don't know the extent to which her faculties were damaged and I recognize that motor skill does not necessarily equal cognitive ability, however, I also recognize that a "victim" is never a "productive" target.

Whether she is the mastermind "idiot sevant" pulling Marks strings OR the hapless handicapped victim of a horrible crime and being exploited, is irrelevant. Mark, as the suffering husband and honorable Space Man IS the sympathetic figure here... He's the one doing the majority of the talking... He's the one trying to launch a political career... And attacking or belittling Gabby only HELPS him.

Regardless of what we think of her actions... She is Teflon Coated.

Mark on the other hand is vulnerable... and a productive target.

"STATEGERY"

Tack
Agreed. He's the real issue.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #65

Liked 511 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 236

She was and still is, even though retired, the politician in the family. To be a politician you must have an ego that drives you to say and do things that the average citizen wouldn't dream of. Unless a doctor comes out and publicly states that she's mentally disabled I'll continue to believe that she's the leader of this duet. I'm sure she'd love to have a bill named after her like Brady, as well. They're both disgusting as far as I'm concerned and I refuse to cut her any slack.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

She's just like that senator who was dead set against "gay" marriage, until his son came "out of the closet". Now he is campaigning for gay marriage.
When they are personally affected, they change their minds in a heartbeat. What is best for the country is no longer important, only what works for them personally.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #67

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
She's just like that senator who was dead set against "gay" marriage, until his son came "out of the closet". Now he is campaigning for gay marriage.
When they are personally affected, they change their minds in a heartbeat. What is best for the country is no longer important, only what works for them personally.
That's compairing apples to oranges... Gay marriage has no bearing on the well being or defense of me, my family or my community... Proposed gun control does. It would help if the gun community would stay focused on the issue at hand.... Like the anti-gunners are.

Last edited by NC1760; 03-19-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #68

Liked 4999 Times on 2425 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
That's compairing apples to oranges... Gay marriage has no bearing on the well being or defense of me, my family or my community... Proposed gun control does. It would help if the gun community would stay focused on the issue at hand.... Like the anti-gunners are.
Bingo!

I'm not interested in anyone's opinion on a former Congresswoman who survived a bullet to the head.

Swinging fence sitters our way requires a bit of the same "emotional" tactics used by our adversaries.

They trot out Gabby and Mark as there new poster children to push there agenda... We gain nothing by attacking Gabby, and any fight that weakens your position is a foolish fight to engage in.

Mark is the one exploiting her... whether true or not... is a message that will sell. Beating up the "handicapped" woman, will NOT.

Just my .02 cents.

Tack
Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #69

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 733

Quote:
He's not really saying anything about gay marriage, he's just using it as an example. A good one, BTW.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #70

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Bingo!

I'm not interested in anyone's opinion on a former Congresswoman who survived a bullet to the head.

Swinging fence sitters our way requires a bit of the same "emotional" tactics used by our adversaries.

They trot out Gabby and Mark as there new poster children to push there agenda... We gain nothing by attacking Gabby, and any fight that weakens your position is a foolish fight to engage in.

Mark is the one exploiting her... whether true or not... is a message that will sell. Beating up the "handicapped" woman, will NOT.

Just my .02 cents.

Tack
I agree 100%