Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
It's amazing what people will say and do to make money and this is all about $$$$.
I agree. I bet that ar15 doesn't make it out of his gun safe either.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

That turd is trying to exploit his wife's tragedy to make himself rich and famous. Dirtbag.
That trick is right up there with David Gregory displaying an illegal 30-round magazine on national TV in Washington.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 03-13-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #43

Liked 694 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Default prove.... WHAT ???

I'm sorry... maybe it's me, but I still don't get it.. What exactly is he trying to prove? He's stated "See how quickly a person can get one.. even with a background check" ?????
....He walked into a gun store, picked out two legal guns to buy... had a legal background check done.... Paid for it and walked... That's the way it should be!!

He's a freekin ASTRONAUT for cryin' out loud!! Why would he be turned down in the first place ??? He want's to prove something ??? ... The law seemed to work fine here IMHO !!

Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #44

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

He may have an AR-15 but I bet he catches hell finding ammo for it.

Last edited by RUG3R44; 03-14-2013 at 01:06 PM.
NC1760 Likes This 
Old 03-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #45

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 16

He bought it for himself and got caught. Now he tries to bail with some lie about giving it to the police. He is willing to sell out all pro gun people for a few bucks.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 03-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #46

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
NY Rep. Carolyn McCarthy used the murder of her husband on the LIRR to advance her career in politics. She pops up every 2 years with her anti gun BS and then crawls back under the woodwork.

Now we have this idiot astronaut and his wife Gabby going around like Buffalo Bob Smith and his dummy Howdy Doody in an attempt to earn another living being freakin' hypocrites. This woman is a dummy along with her husband pulling the strings. She gets shot in the head and now wants to be the poster child against gun violence looking for more trouble.

What would her schmuck of a husband do if the govt decided to make 1911's illegal? He was just caught with his pants down. It's amazing what people will say and do to make money and this is all about $$$$.
The way I understand it...that 1911 IS one of the "bad guns" because it has "military features" such as a detachable magazine that can be quickly changed out for faster reloading, it is "self-loading" (semi-auto) in that as soon as you pull the trigger, it automatically loads another round that can be quickly fired. AND it holds more than 7 bullets...which already makes it illegal in NY.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Kelly was an astronaut until October 2011. He has since been unemployed. Now that Gabby can't support him in the manner in which he'd like to be accustomed, he's scrambling for a way to get some moolah. He is forming an anti-gun group to collect donations, so he is now herding his poor disabled wife around the country, giving her a script to read or recite, and using that to create the illusion that he's doing something worthwhile. If he cares so much for her, why was he living in Houston while she lived in Arizona. I guess she lived in AZ to establish her right to represent AZ in Congress. But why wasn't he living in Arizona?

Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #48
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1343 Times on 794 Posts
Likes Given: 3393

This is a situation that makes logical people go "Hmmmm".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Kelly was an astronaut until October 2011. He has since been unemployed. Now that Gabby can't support him in the manner in which he'd like to be accustomed, he's scrambling for a way to get some moolah. He is forming an anti-gun group to collect donations, so he is now herding his poor disabled wife around the country, giving her a script to read or recite, and using that to create the illusion that he's doing something worthwhile. If he cares so much for her, why was he living in Houston while she lived in Arizona. I guess she lived in AZ to establish her right to represent AZ in Congress. But why wasn't he living in Arizona?
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #49

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Ok...I'd like to consider myself logical. before I go "hmmmm" I'd ask, is he STILL living in Houston while she is STILL living in Az? If so, then yes, I go "Hmmmm"

but if it was while he was working, and while she was a politician... I go "meh, big deal"

her work took her to Az, his work took him to Tx. like it or not, there are LOTS of happily married, devoted couples who are living apart "Monday - Friday" and only see each other on the weekends, because they're both successful and focused on their own careers, which don't always jive up with each other. Especially when you look at government employees. She works for the gov't as a congresswoman, so did he as an Astronaut.

I've known MANY military couples who had to live apart from each other for a few years at a time during the course of their careers, because they can't always be stationed at the same base together.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #50

Liked 984 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Kelly was an astronaut until October 2011. He has since been unemployed.
If true; How the hell??? Aren't astronauts HIGHLY SKILLED and TRAINED people, highly desired and sought after in the civilian workplace?