Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I'm not sure anyone could/will bitch about this being a straw purchase. 1st of all, he's giving it to a POLICE Dept. Remember, the govt. can break the rules & laws anytime they want. 2nd, who says they won't fill out the paperwork properly, making it legal? And really, if they are that important to the left's agenda, and that visible, ect., no one is going to bother them.

Not defending them, mind you, just saying.

last time I looked at the form (about 3 months ago) is was a simple "Yes/no" answer to the question of "are you purchasing this for yourself?" there was no "fill in the blank" where you could put down "no, I'm buying this to give it away to the police department"

This is probably one instance where it'd be nice to have the forms as public record, so we can see what he marked down, to see if he really did answer that question "yes" or "no" If he put "no" from the start, then maybe he really did buy it simply as a political move to illustrate how easy they are to buy, without the intent on keeping it.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #32
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Why would anyone be surprised by this? Yes he's an Astronaut but he's Government Issue Through and Through, Just like his wife. WTF else do they have to do but try to increase their piece of the Government Pie anyway they can? Both love the limelight and neither will get it unless they play nice With BHO BHO and Biteme!

Im happy she survived but sad she's not more concerned with hanging out with her family and getting Stronger than making our lives "Better" FOOG...

Old 03-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #33

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Has anyone seen this on any of the network news broadcasts? I have seen the story on multiple websites including his facebook page so I believe its true. I have not seen it on any news broadcasts though.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #34

Liked 4786 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Has anyone seen this on any of the network news broadcasts? I have seen the story on multiple websites including his facebook page so I believe its true. I have not seen it on any news broadcasts though.
Doubt they cover it... his douche bag AR 15 move is eclipsed by the fact that he bought a .45 ACP pistol for himself.

As libtarded as his move was, it still shows the new "darling" of the gun ban crowd asserting that "some" guns are still "good" guns... and that simply does not play with the MSM.

Tack

Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #35

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The stupid thing is, by AZ state law the police cannot destroy weapons they have to sell them to gun wholesalers. If he really is going to turn it in, it literally does no good as far as keeping it off the streets.

That's why it comes across as a total lie that he was planning on giving it to law enforcement in the first place. He would have to set up a private institution to destroy it our simply destroy it himself. He planned on keeping it until the story broke and he had to make up this story to cover his actions.

He is the ultimate douche bag trying to pretend he is pro 2nd amendment for anyone but himself. Typical liberal douche baggery.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #36

Liked 984 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

If I put down on the form that it's for me, and then turn around an hour later and sell it to you, but do the proper paperwork to transfer it, is that not legal?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #37

Liked 186 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 56

He does not need any paperwork to sell it. He could sell it to a prohibited possessor and no one would know where it went. Arizona does not require paperwork for private sales.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #38
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1345 Times on 795 Posts
Likes Given: 3393

Here is the answer to your question.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/13/former-rep-giffords-husband-mark-kelly-purchase-rifle-ignites-online-firestorm/

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 03-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #39

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD View Post
Perhaps Capt Kelly is on the verge of committing a felony by giving his AR-15 away.

Will Holder’s very selective DoJ prosecutors prosecute this case?
Maybe he should give it to a Mexican Drug Cartel. Holder seems OK with that.

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."
People Like This 
Old 03-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #40

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

NY Rep. Carolyn McCarthy used the murder of her husband on the LIRR to advance her career in politics. She pops up every 2 years with her anti gun BS and then crawls back under the woodwork.

Now we have this idiot astronaut and his wife Gabby going around like Buffalo Bob Smith and his dummy Howdy Doody in an attempt to earn another living being freakin' hypocrites. This woman is a dummy along with her husband pulling the strings. She gets shot in the head and now wants to be the poster child against gun violence looking for more trouble.

What would her schmuck of a husband do if the govt decided to make 1911's illegal? He was just caught with his pants down. It's amazing what people will say and do to make money and this is all about $$$$.