Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 213

hypocrite...yeah but it sounds like he intended to buy the AR and give to the police to show how easy it was to get a used one and possibly as some absurd attempt to prevent some one else from getting it that in a one in a million chance would have bad intentions planned with it.

thats like buying a case of beer and a used car to help prevent drunk driving.

i'm beginning to wonder who has more brain damage, him or his wife?

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

People Like This 
Old 03-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #12

Liked 859 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 522

Quote:
hypocrite...yeah but it sounds like he intended to buy the AR and give to the police to show how easy it was to get a used one and possibly as some absurd attempt to prevent some one else from getting it that in a one in a million chance would have bad intentions planned with it.

thats like buying a case of beer and a used car to help prevent drunk driving.

i'm beginning to wonder who has more brain damage, him or his wife?
Uhhhh, maybe brain damage is catchy. I'm going to send him my address of my LGS and he can feel free to donate one to me, also. I would never do anything nefarious with it.

And Mack, if you feel like it, you can send the beer and the car my way, too.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #13

Liked 4566 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Not to cut him too much of a break but the guy was pro gun even after his wife was shot, OK. Gotta give him props for that. It was apparently the drumbeating of the party of the Left and Sandy Hook that pushed him into the dark side. He's not a hypocrit (recognizing an AR isn't a .45) either -- maybe the OP and other poster missed it: this was a gun buy-back program of one sponsored by a former, conservative, astronaut. Yeah, I see the irony in that his wife was shot with a handgun.

It does all show the disjointed mindset of the radical though -- even a background check wasn't good enough for him! There is an expression: a liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet. Maybe a conservative is a liberal whose Congresswoman wife hasn't been shot in head? I'm just sayin'...
I do not think it was any drum beat or higher calling that pushed this "formerly" honorable ASS HAT into backing gun control.

Like the old saying goes... FOLLOW THE MONEY!

As the director of a Political Action Commitee, I believe he gets to set his salary wherever he wants it.

This trash is profiting from the miss fortune of his permanently disabled wife. Her shooting was a tragedy... His actions are a travesty.

Dispicable human behavior driven by greed... and nothing else.

Tack
Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6085 Times on 3339 Posts
Likes Given: 11660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I do not think it was any drum beat or higher calling that pushed this "formerly" honorable ASS HAT into backing gun control.

As the director of a Political Action Commitee, I believe he gets to set his salary wherever he wants it.

This trash is profiting from the miss fortune of his permanently disabled wife. Her shooting was a tragedy... His actions are a travesty.

Tack
You don't have to sugar coat it.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #15

Liked 4566 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
You don't have to sugar coat it.
Haha... I never do...

Old 03-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 956 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 395

I think the brutal assault his wife was subjected to could have been prevented or mitigated with proper police protection, but hindsight's always 20/20.

If you are a politician, whether you are an absolute saint or the worst type of filth that the beltway can spit out, you are a target for anyone who wants their name in the papers or someone who is trying to make a political statement.

I think it's silly to purchase something you think you shouldn't have, but it's hard to know what's going on inside his head and we're not in his shoes.

I've observed three basic responses to the aftermath of an assault:

1. After having been attacked, the person realizes that the threat is real, can happen again and at any time, and then proceeds to prepare for the next attempted assault on them.

2. After having been attacked, the person is so distraught that they were attacked that they can't function in any normal sense and remain in a state of destructive self-doubt/self-pity.

3. After having been attacked, the person thinks the attack is somehow his or her fault and ever after attempts to run away from problems big and small for fear of another attack.

I think Rep. Giffords' husband is taking response #1 off on a mis-guided tangent that won't ultimately increase his wife's "safety".

Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #17

Liked 176 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 51

As stated earlier, his filling out of the 4473 was questionable if his intent was to give away the AR. At this time Police departments are free to destroy the guns taken in buybacks. A new law is working its way through the system to require ALL guns taken in by police to be sold to legal dealers, not just the ones seized. Mark is well on the way to a political career, but I will not vote for him. The local sentiment is that Gabby should be unhappy with his antics. She was a gun owner and is probably not too happy with this situation.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #18

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

Default Hypocrite.... definition see below-

Not the first; http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/brady-shady-gun-rules-control-backer-son-rifle-article-1.477603
..and;

..won't be the last. BTW... you all do know that the 'honorable" Senator Feinstein had a conceal carry permit for both California and Washington DC... but she has private security to take care of that now. Wonder who pays for that.. hmmmm?

Old 03-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #19

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
That's some pretty harsh sentiment. There but for the grace of God, goes Tackleberry.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 956 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 395

Wow, that's crazy. I always figured Bill for a complete party hack but apparently he does have some common sense when it comes to using the same tools that will be used against him by criminals.