Marijuana and gun ownership laws - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Marijuana and gun ownership laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Here is an interesting perspective by a retired LEO (not regarding firearms, but drug legalization).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6xk
That is interesting coming from a retired LEO. From his perspective comes the futility of the prohibition that must have been rampant in the 20s and 30s with alcohol. I think I can see myself leaning towards his thinking.

Legalizing drugs would have a positive impact on the GNP, jobs and tax revenues. It would have a negative impact on most of the people currently in the distribution of the drugs. They would be good impacts.

I don't think it would impact the people that use the drugs, particularly the more addictive ones, as I think those people gravitate to that anyway. there were a lot of us in the 60s and 70s who smoked a lot of pot who stopped as we matured and had jobs and families taking up our time.

The guy is interesting. Did he say where he was from? I may have missed it if it was early due to dogs barking.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #82

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Nobody gets THAT stoned
Remember in past postings on this subject that I worked 6 years in a drug and alcohol rehab? People CAN and DO get that stoned. Stories of selling loaded toolboxes, gold rings and jewelry and other high value items were normal. Sadly I never got in on any of those deals.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 12-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #83
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
That is interesting coming from a retired LEO. From his perspective comes the futility of the prohibition that must have been rampant in the 20s and 30s with alcohol. I think I can see myself leaning towards his thinking.

Legalizing drugs would have a positive impact on the GNP, jobs and tax revenues. It would have a negative impact on most of the people currently in the distribution of the drugs. They would be good impacts.

I don't think it would impact the people that use the drugs, particularly the more addictive ones, as I think those people gravitate to that anyway. there were a lot of us in the 60s and 70s who smoked a lot of pot who stopped as we matured and had jobs and families taking up our time.

The guy is interesting. Did he say where he was from? I may have missed it if it was early due to dogs barking.
his one comment that i liked was, it was about trying to enforce morality.

alcohol is legal to buy and consume. people make a decision to either consume ir or not. IMO, even if they were to legalize certain drugs, people will still make a decision to either use them or not. alcohol is legal to buy and stupid people still do stupid things under the influence of alcohol. but in all fairness, sober people can be stupid and do stupid things completely sober.

if it became legal tomorrow, i still would not use them. that's my personal decision.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #84
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Quote:

WGRZ is in Buffalo, I presume that is where he is from.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
WGRZ is in Buffalo, I presume that is where he is from.
I did think I heard Tonawanda, which is near Buffalo, but wasn't sure. Buffalo is a hard town. I have spent a fair amount of time there on business in the last ten years. A blue collar area, and I am sure drugs are a problem.

It is also somewhat of a conservative area, so you have the possibility of a conservative, retired LEO with this message. That would be unusual.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 12-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #86
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Quote:
I did think I heard Tonawanda, which is near Buffalo, but wasn't sure. Buffalo is a hard town. I have spent a fair amount of time there on business in the last ten years. A blue collar area, and I am sure drugs are a problem.

It is also somewhat of a conservative area, so you have the possibility of a conservative, retired LEO with this message. That would be unusual.
Or perhaps enlightened?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.