Marijuana and gun ownership laws - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Marijuana and gun ownership laws


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Daoust_Nat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 2,286
Liked 1406 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Here is an interesting perspective by a retired LEO (not regarding firearms, but drug legalization).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6xk
That is interesting coming from a retired LEO. From his perspective comes the futility of the prohibition that must have been rampant in the 20s and 30s with alcohol. I think I can see myself leaning towards his thinking.

Legalizing drugs would have a positive impact on the GNP, jobs and tax revenues. It would have a negative impact on most of the people currently in the distribution of the drugs. They would be good impacts.

I don't think it would impact the people that use the drugs, particularly the more addictive ones, as I think those people gravitate to that anyway. there were a lot of us in the 60s and 70s who smoked a lot of pot who stopped as we matured and had jobs and families taking up our time.

The guy is interesting. Did he say where he was from? I may have missed it if it was early due to dogs barking.
__________________
A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!
Daoust_Nat is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
xring3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: from Kansas City now in Woodward,oklahoma
Posts: 186
Liked 31 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Nobody gets THAT stoned
Remember in past postings on this subject that I worked 6 years in a drug and alcohol rehab? People CAN and DO get that stoned. Stories of selling loaded toolboxes, gold rings and jewelry and other high value items were normal. Sadly I never got in on any of those deals.
__________________
"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling
xring3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #83
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
That is interesting coming from a retired LEO. From his perspective comes the futility of the prohibition that must have been rampant in the 20s and 30s with alcohol. I think I can see myself leaning towards his thinking.

Legalizing drugs would have a positive impact on the GNP, jobs and tax revenues. It would have a negative impact on most of the people currently in the distribution of the drugs. They would be good impacts.

I don't think it would impact the people that use the drugs, particularly the more addictive ones, as I think those people gravitate to that anyway. there were a lot of us in the 60s and 70s who smoked a lot of pot who stopped as we matured and had jobs and families taking up our time.

The guy is interesting. Did he say where he was from? I may have missed it if it was early due to dogs barking.
his one comment that i liked was, it was about trying to enforce morality.

alcohol is legal to buy and consume. people make a decision to either consume ir or not. IMO, even if they were to legalize certain drugs, people will still make a decision to either use them or not. alcohol is legal to buy and stupid people still do stupid things under the influence of alcohol. but in all fairness, sober people can be stupid and do stupid things completely sober.

if it became legal tomorrow, i still would not use them. that's my personal decision.
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #84
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
That is interesting coming from a retired LEO. From his perspective comes the futility of the prohibition that must have been rampant in the 20s and 30s with alcohol. I think I can see myself leaning towards his thinking.

Legalizing drugs would have a positive impact on the GNP, jobs and tax revenues. It would have a negative impact on most of the people currently in the distribution of the drugs. They would be good impacts.

I don't think it would impact the people that use the drugs, particularly the more addictive ones, as I think those people gravitate to that anyway. there were a lot of us in the 60s and 70s who smoked a lot of pot who stopped as we matured and had jobs and families taking up our time.

The guy is interesting. Did he say where he was from? I may have missed it if it was early due to dogs barking.
WGRZ is in Buffalo, I presume that is where he is from.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Daoust_Nat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 2,286
Liked 1406 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
WGRZ is in Buffalo, I presume that is where he is from.
I did think I heard Tonawanda, which is near Buffalo, but wasn't sure. Buffalo is a hard town. I have spent a fair amount of time there on business in the last ten years. A blue collar area, and I am sure drugs are a problem.

It is also somewhat of a conservative area, so you have the possibility of a conservative, retired LEO with this message. That would be unusual.
__________________
A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!
Daoust_Nat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #86
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
I did think I heard Tonawanda, which is near Buffalo, but wasn't sure. Buffalo is a hard town. I have spent a fair amount of time there on business in the last ten years. A blue collar area, and I am sure drugs are a problem.

It is also somewhat of a conservative area, so you have the possibility of a conservative, retired LEO with this message. That would be unusual.
Or perhaps enlightened?
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How British laws killed off gun ownership JWagner Legal and Activism 75 09-17-2013 01:37 AM
support marijuana JonM Politics, Religion and Controversy 96 12-10-2012 02:47 PM
Question for LEO's regarding marijuana Gh0zt36 Politics, Religion and Controversy 35 11-17-2011 05:37 AM
marijuana?? bizy The Club House 157 12-15-2010 01:59 PM



Newest Threads