Marijuana and gun ownership laws - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Marijuana and gun ownership laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Interesting discussion that will probably never be resolved

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 11-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #72
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Here is an interesting perspective by a retired LEO (not regarding firearms, but drug legalization).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6xk
i found the video pretty good. he addressed it in a very intelligent manner with lots of common sense.

he brought up some very good and valid points that others should give some consideration to if they oppose the legalization of marijuana.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #73

Liked 4806 Times on 2327 Posts
Likes Given: 1498

Peter Christ is a well spoken retired police chief who has seen first hand, the lives destroyed by the enforcement of drug prohibition... I'd imagine that is his 20 year career, he's also seen good officers fall the drug violence.

Americans who still question ending this ridiculous prohibition should put aside their decades of Nancy Regan brain washing and listen to a guy who's been there.

Tack

People Like This 
Old 11-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #74

Liked 2913 Times on 1734 Posts
Likes Given: 1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
no what pot smokers do is stuff like: forget to engage the safety (saw THAT one this year from a 'responsible pot smoker' in my hunting camp), they do not have full awareness, are slower to react etc. I have known a lot of pot smokers and better than half of them are/were guys that started smoking before breakfast even ('wake and bake'). It isn't about whether alcohol is worse. That's like bringing up G.W. Bush as a counter-argument to issues someone has with Obama's Presidency - irrelevant, especially now.

Marijuana today is something like 40-50 times more powerful than the stuff we fooled around with when I was in high school (late70s/early 80s). It just plain makes people stupid. As a guy who operates a trucking company, I can tell you, the potheads, even if they can pass their DOT physical, sooner or later smoke themselves out of a job.

Wanna smoke? I don't care. I really don't. Buy don't smoke and go carrying, and don't smoke and put your hands on a firearm anywhere around me. (I will not be hunting in the future with the idiot who forgot to engage his safety)

As if this country doesn't have enough stupidity to begin with!
any stupidity with firearms under influence of ANY drugs should be illegal. I am NOT condoning someone smoking it up and handling a gun any more than I would condone someone drinking a 5th of booze and grabbing their gun. this would be handling a firearm under the influence, and I consider that on par with driving under the influence.

but if someone wants to responsibly smoke some weed AND own guns? as it stands its illegal....and that is a DUMB law, plain simple.

of course, weed being illegal for adults is plain dumb imo. I can drink beers.... yet shoot guns when i'm sober and not drinking....why the hell does anyone think a responsible weed smoker can't do the same?
Old 12-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #75
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8311 Times on 4803 Posts
Likes Given: 10769

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
any stupidity with firearms under influence of ANY drugs should be illegal.
How about this. Stupid should hurt, and sometimes it can kill. Don't make it illegal but allow them to kill each other off.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #76

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
interesting to note, the states like CO, CA etc that have legalized marijuana for recreation....also have the toughest gun laws. it's a liberal thing. if I had to choose I'd take the 30 round magazine over the legal weed any day. those that want to smoke it now can in most areas without fear of arrest. if it becomes legal, all one would be doing is spending more to cover the federal taxes.....which would undoubtedly go to welfare for the poor, misplaced weed dealers who have had their productive livelihood taken away.
30 round magazines may have been banned.
But "parts kits" have not.
Our gun laws are not even an inch near as strict as California's.
We are still a Shall Issue state,and open carry legal.Full auto and suppressors are still legal with the ATF tax stam and we do not have to register our firearms(registration is actually illegal in the state constitution).And we did oust 3 state Senators for pushing the gun laws.(2 were recalled,one resigned while facing recall)The language in the magazine ban law is so flawed it is nearly impossible to enforce.
We are determined to clean house in the capitol next year.

Last edited by WillWork4Ammo; 12-01-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

I've met a decent number of pot heads in my life. Most are decent honest folks but about as smart as a box of hammers. I've met 2 that could connect a reasonably complex thought process pretty reliably and could hold a good conversation. None of em were mean or vicious or miscreant in any way or did much to do any intentional harm to anybody. They were, however, Shao Lin masters at unintentionally doing something stupid to themselves. Setting the kitchen on fire cooking breakfast after a wake-n-bake, confusing a growling pit bull trying to break its chain for a puppy that wants to play type stuff usually.
To my understanding.... the purpose of a gun law is to keep proven dangerous people from owning a potentially dangerous piece of equipment. I think that's how that's supposed to work anyway. But I have yet to encounter a logical and compelling argument that a person with a non violent history of recreational drug use should be prohibited from owning any other object that could be potentially dangerous.... car, truck, tractor, dozer, hammer, acetalyne torch, kitchen stove, crowbar, sword, bow, bat, knife, sharp stick, rock.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #78

Liked 327 Times on 228 Posts

Well done, entertaining post RJMercer. Clap, clap.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #79

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The upside of weed use is perhaps the user
will get so goofy on his high he will sell you that 1914 Luger he has for $20.00 and not remember it.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #80

Liked 2043 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring3
The upside of weed use is perhaps the user will get so goofy on his high he will sell you that 1914 Luger he has for $20.00 and not remember it.
Nobody gets THAT stoned