Marijuana and gun ownership laws - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Marijuana and gun ownership laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1382 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
people do stupid things when they consume alcohol and it's legal.

even if they legalize marijuana, people will still do stupid things when under the influence.
People do stupid thing stone cold sober and straight
People Like This 
Old 11-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1382 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring3 View Post
Marijuana IS a gateway. Starts off harmlessly and leads to stronger methods (cocaine, heroin, meth and so on) in search of that higher high. It does not happen to ALL users but it DOES happen to a lot of users.
Milk is the gateway then. I've known a lot of pot smokers that didn't touch anything else, including alcohol.

How many people have become addicted on legal scripts?
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2013, 01:48 AM   #63
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

I know I'm joining in a bit late, but I think that the 1776, Jeffersonian Libertarian view is needed. The 2nd Amendment is an individual right, it's not just for the guy who has never touched drugs or alcohol in his life.

And as far as legalizing marijuana, who has the right to tell another person not to use drugs. When we start making laws to "protect" us from ourselves, then we end up with nanny states like my state, ma.

I personally have never used drugs and never will, but what right do I have to tell others not to use them?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #64
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
i

I don't hunt with people that drink before breakfast either. And yes the gun was loaded with a .270 round chambered. I watched him chamber the round

Let's be clear I am talking about under the influence plain and simple. No need to complicate this discussion. Controlled substances and firearms don't mix. Plain and simple. No one here is justifying drinking and hunting so don't be putting words in my mouth. You want to toke up that's your choice it's my choice not to be around you if firearms are involved. Plain. And. Simple!
For clarification I do not use marijuana at all, nor do I use any other drugs except for the occasional drink of alcohol these days.

My point is that some people are stupid. If what you describe happened at my hunt camp the guy would have been told to leave. His choice of libation makes no difference to me.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #65

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Government Gives and the Government takes away. People should realize the move to allow social marijuana use will come with heavy restrictions. The reason for allowing its use is taxation.
It is very likely to control illegal trafficking Marijuana users will continue to be prohibited from firearms ownership.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The Government Gives and the Government takes away. People should realize the move to allow social marijuana use will come with heavy restrictions. The reason for allowing its use is taxation.
It is very likely to control illegal trafficking Marijuana users will continue to be prohibited from firearms ownership.
Wrong. Liberty is not for the Government to "give". We have a right to bear arms, this is not given by the government nor is it recognized by the government.

The government does not have any rights, not in the same way that we The People have rights. The Government has POWER, and with that Power they take advantage of the People by outlawing the use of herbs and guns and they abuse their power by taxing us without commensurate representation for that taxation.
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Let's be honest for a moment, for most people, the taxation is just bait to get the Feds to restore this aspect of individual liberty. I'm not saying the excise tax on cannabis would be all bad, but I do think the main good of it would be legalization, not the budgetary impact of the new tax. I would imagine the savings from reallocation of law enforcement assets and corrections/prison and jail facilities would be more, financially than the tax gains.
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1406 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
support 100%. if you can buy alcohol and guns, you SHOULD be able to buy weed and guns, especially if its medically prescribed.

but I feel many (not all) 2nd supporters will chime in here and talk about how they support some freedoms, but not others (like the freedom for adults to enjoy drugs that grow from god's green earth)..

weed has never been any worse than alcohol or tobacco. its all propaganda fed to us as kids. what is amazing is how many people still buy into it.
I agree. I enjoy a good beer, or a good scotch. I however don't enjoy them and then go out with a firearm and shoot. I would assume that the responsible pot smoker would be the same. Like a drunk waving a firearm around, a stoned shooter would soon lose his ability to own and use said firearm.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I remember smoking weed and enjoying it, for a few years. I stopped in '72 because I didn't want to be bleary all the time. I haven't used it since then. I don't care if folks use it, medically or otherwise. I can't see it making anyone into a drug crazed, gun toting killer, in fact it makes people just the opposite. Just use your head, see if your state allows it, and go with the law, until it is changed in your favor. It's less hassle, and you come out ahead in the end.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #70

Here is an interesting perspective by a retired LEO (not regarding firearms, but drug legalization).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6xk
Axxe55 Likes This