Man In MA Arrested Preparing For Martial Law
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Man In MA Arrested Preparing For Martial Law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Man In MA Arrested Preparing For Martial Law

Man Arrested For Preparing For Martial Law In Massachusetts | Republic Broadcasting Network

Airing Date Feb.10, 2010

Sigh…………………

OK here’s the spin

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons.

Just before 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, Manchester-by-the Sea police executed a search warrant at 23 Bridge St., police said in a statement. Girard faces four counts of possession of an infernal device and four counts of possession of a dangerous weapon. Additional charges are pending, police said.

He indicated to police that he anticipated some form of Armageddon to take place shortly and he was getting prepared, Police Chief Glenn McKiel said.

In addition to the grenade-type devices, police found approximately 20 weapons, including high-powered rifles, shotguns, and handguns. All of the firearms were purchased and registered legally within the past 10 months, McKiel said.

Girard, a computer consultant, had a Class A license, which enabled him to purchase large-capacity firearms. According to police, he was granted the permit without question.

He did not have a criminal record and there was no indication at the time [the permit] was issued that he shouldnt have one, McKiel said.

McKiel added police are not allowed to ask applicants why they are seeking a firearms permit.

Police also found a large collection of camouflage clothing, knives, bulletproof vests, helmets, and eight pairs of handcuffs in Girards home. They also discovered stockpiles of medicine and non-perishable foods. An illegal indoor shooting range was also found in the attic, police said.

Police seized all the weapons and ammunition and revoked Girards license to carry firearms.

Tactical officers evacuated two other condominium units in Girard’s building and brought residents to the police department while the search was completed.

Salem District Court Judge Richard Mori ordered Girard held without bail after he pleaded not guilty at his arraignment this morning. Mori slated a dangerousness hearing for Feb. 12.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

The indoor shooting range is a bit much, but the rest is entirely acceptable.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

No, no, no, no! You must be a docile victim and go quietly to the slaughter!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
The indoor shooting range is a bit much, but the rest is entirely acceptable.
Be careful... they may order an evaluation on your azz!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnoob View Post
He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons.
Not sure about owning grenades but I find it funny that he can legally own multiple firearms but got charged for the batons. Isn't a baseball bat, a piece of heavy pipe, a 4x4, etc. deadlier than a baton?

I can understand for it illegal in the streets but if it is in his house it should not matter. Just like the restriction on knife length/sizes...it doesn't count inside your residence right?

Old 09-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If you want to see some ridiculous laws, you should check out California.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8705 Times on 3766 Posts
Likes Given: 1339

Poink- ya think so? For God's sake, man, this is MASS! The folks that have made simple possession of a two edged Gerber sheath knife a felony!

BTW, when the term "Grenade" is used, it carries the connotation of a device with the destructive power of the Hiroshima bomb. These were tear gas grenades.

Before I retired from Mother Green, my basement was the defacto supply room for my OPFOR team. While I live in a MUCH saner state than Mass, a visit to the basement would probably have made the 5 oclock news. Nothing live, but had a case of training Claymore mines, a case of expended M72 LAWs, a half dozen rubber ducky AK47s and RPGs, and assorted other nastiness. Together with an eclectic mix of East German, Russian, Chinese, and Arab clothing, protective masks, ammo pouches and uniforms.

The greatest danger to individual freedom is not criminal law, where one has the right to confront accusers, present evidence in his defense, and be tried by a jury of his peers. It is administrative matters where a judge can order you confined without bail or charges "for your own good". And if the judge decrees that you are mentally incompetent, you can kiss owning ANY firearm goodbye.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 09-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Poink-

" ... The greatest danger to individual freedom is not criminal law, where one has the right to confront accusers, present evidence in his defense, and be tried by a jury of his peers. It is administrative matters where a judge can order you confined without bail or charges "for your own good". And if the judge decrees that you are mentally incompetent, you can kiss owning ANY firearm goodbye.
The Star Chamber is a reality.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Be careful... they may order an evaluation on your azz!
Hey, if he had a class three license for the explosives, which apparently he did because they are not charging him for that, there's nothing wrong with what he had. Hell, they had to resort to charging him for the f***ing night sticks!

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #10

I live in Massachusetts and I can tell you.......it sucks bad! You can't even buy lamp oil at our local Wal-Mart because it is "too dangerous". Of course though, you can buy all the citranella oil you want so go figure. It's the most a*s backwards state there is. Our family is planning on leaving asap. I can't wait.

Everyone has a game plan till they get punched in the face.