Man kills school headmistress

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Man kills school headmistress

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default Man kills school headmistress

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A man who was fired from a private school on Tuesday returned to campus with a gun hidden in a guitar case and shot the headmistress to death before committing suicide, authorities said.

No students were injured.

Officers responded to the Episcopal School of Jacksonville at 1:23 p.m. Tuesday after receiving reports of a person with a gun, and the school was placed on lockdown. When officers arrived, Dale Regan, head of the school, and the gunman were found dead, Undersheriff Dwain Senterfitt said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/03/06/20120306florida-man-kills-school-headmistress-self-police-say.html#ixzz1oOBjk9gf

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #2

Another incident the libs will try to blame on guns.. never fails!!

Old 03-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

another death another win for democrat gun free school zones.

how many lives are democrats willing to destroy, how many people must be executed before people are allowed to arm themselves for self protection??

every death at the hands of a criminal can be layed at the feet of gun banners

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2858 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 254

But, but...He can't bring a gun into a gun free zone???? What? You mean the gun free zone signs do not place a magical force field around such places? Say it aint so!!!!!!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Robocop10mm

I've known Dale for quite a few years. While I strongly support your thoughts concerning the gun free zone, I find the way you said it a little bit troubling. My reaction may be because I knew the victim, but I don't think sarcasm is what is needed at this time. My hope is that her hundreds of friends and loved ones doing an internet search for more on this tragedy quit clicking links before they get to this thread.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

very sad. when will people learn signs don't stop criminals. just the good guys.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 03-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

The gunman killing school personel and himself. What a waste of a statement he wanted to make. No sense in it at all.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8987

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
But, but...He can't bring a gun into a gun free zone???? What? You mean the gun free zone signs do not place a magical force field around such places? Say it aint so!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Robocop10mm

I've known Dale for quite a few years. While I strongly support your thoughts concerning the gun free zone, I find the way you said it a little bit troubling. My reaction may be because I knew the victim, but I don't think sarcasm is what is needed at this time. My hope is that her hundreds of friends and loved ones doing an internet search for more on this tragedy quit clicking links before they get to this thread.
Doc, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I don't think Robo was being disrespectful in any way. I think he was ridiculing the Gun Free Schools Zone as something that doesn't work. If your friend Dale had been allowed to conceal carry within the school, perhaps he would have had a chance to defend himself and would be alive today. I think what Robo was saying is the gun rules only apply to the law abiding citizens. The 'bad guys' do whatever they want. So the law abiding citizens are at a disadvantage in situations like this.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

First, thank you for your thoughts. For some reason I doubt Dale would have carried even if the law had allowed her to. I could be wrong, but the lady I knew never seemed to have a worry in the world unless it was concern for one of her student's well being.

As far as Robo's comments go, I agree with the thought, it was the presentation that bothered me. Literally hundreds, if not thousands of people have been affected by her during her career, and I dare say most for the better. To see sarcasm touch this tragedy just didn't sit well with me, even though I agree with Robo's reasoning. I'll climb down off my soapbox now and just avoid this thread. I'm kinda touchy about it, and I know he didn't mean any harm.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #10

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

With this incident and the Zimmerman "self-defense" incident, Florida is gonna be an anti-gun hotbed