Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Man kills school headmistress (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/man-kills-school-headmistress-59610/)

Ranger-6 03-07-2012 12:14 AM

Man kills school headmistress

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A man who was fired from a private school on Tuesday returned to campus with a gun hidden in a guitar case and shot the headmistress to death before committing suicide, authorities said.

No students were injured.

Officers responded to the Episcopal School of Jacksonville at 1:23 p.m. Tuesday after receiving reports of a person with a gun, and the school was placed on lockdown. When officers arrived, Dale Regan, head of the school, and the gunman were found dead, Undersheriff Dwain Senterfitt said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/03/06/20120306florida-man-kills-school-headmistress-self-police-say.html#ixzz1oOBjk9gf

Steenkamp 03-07-2012 01:53 AM

Another incident the libs will try to blame on guns.. never fails!!

JonM 03-07-2012 02:02 AM

another death another win for democrat gun free school zones.

how many lives are democrats willing to destroy, how many people must be executed before people are allowed to arm themselves for self protection??

every death at the hands of a criminal can be layed at the feet of gun banners

robocop10mm 03-07-2012 02:52 AM

But, but...He can't bring a gun into a gun free zone???? What? You mean the gun free zone signs do not place a magical force field around such places? Say it aint so!!!!!!

Doc3402 03-20-2012 10:11 AM

Robocop10mm

I've known Dale for quite a few years. While I strongly support your thoughts concerning the gun free zone, I find the way you said it a little bit troubling. My reaction may be because I knew the victim, but I don't think sarcasm is what is needed at this time. My hope is that her hundreds of friends and loved ones doing an internet search for more on this tragedy quit clicking links before they get to this thread.

Buckethead47 03-20-2012 01:09 PM

very sad. when will people learn signs don't stop criminals. just the good guys.

PanBaccha 03-20-2012 01:37 PM

The gunman killing school personel and himself. What a waste of a statement he wanted to make. No sense in it at all.

winds-of-change 03-20-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 731549)
But, but...He can't bring a gun into a gun free zone???? What? You mean the gun free zone signs do not place a magical force field around such places? Say it aint so!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc3402 (Post 746031)
Robocop10mm

I've known Dale for quite a few years. While I strongly support your thoughts concerning the gun free zone, I find the way you said it a little bit troubling. My reaction may be because I knew the victim, but I don't think sarcasm is what is needed at this time. My hope is that her hundreds of friends and loved ones doing an internet search for more on this tragedy quit clicking links before they get to this thread.

Doc, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I don't think Robo was being disrespectful in any way. I think he was ridiculing the Gun Free Schools Zone as something that doesn't work. If your friend Dale had been allowed to conceal carry within the school, perhaps he would have had a chance to defend himself and would be alive today. I think what Robo was saying is the gun rules only apply to the law abiding citizens. The 'bad guys' do whatever they want. So the law abiding citizens are at a disadvantage in situations like this.

Doc3402 03-20-2012 04:44 PM

First, thank you for your thoughts. For some reason I doubt Dale would have carried even if the law had allowed her to. I could be wrong, but the lady I knew never seemed to have a worry in the world unless it was concern for one of her student's well being.

As far as Robo's comments go, I agree with the thought, it was the presentation that bothered me. Literally hundreds, if not thousands of people have been affected by her during her career, and I dare say most for the better. To see sarcasm touch this tragedy just didn't sit well with me, even though I agree with Robo's reasoning. I'll climb down off my soapbox now and just avoid this thread. I'm kinda touchy about it, and I know he didn't mean any harm.

Wrecked 03-20-2012 10:45 PM

With this incident and the Zimmerman "self-defense" incident, Florida is gonna be an anti-gun hotbed :(