Man arrested for defending home, family - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Man arrested for defending home, family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

He should have stayed in his house armed with his rifle. I personally do not believe that his actions were out of bounds but you know how the law could be sometimes. The victims don't have rights, but the criminals do ! So lets see, there were 40 to 50 scumbuckets outside of his house threatening to kill him, his wife, and babies. He was just giving a message to the trash, EF with me or my family and I'll shoot you ! As you see, you can't even give fair warning without killing anyone, without being charged for a doctored up crime !
What ever happened to neighborhood justice ? Thank God that a good bit of cops in Philly still believe in street justice and let it slide in certain instances.
There's a rumor going around here that cops will soon be able to do their jobs again without backlash. In other words if someone threatens an officer with a knife or club a cop can shoot him/her. Just like 40 years ago ! There weren't many cops getting shot back then and the crime rate was 65% lower ! Many cops in philly are glad there are citizen who carry weapons because you never know one day, it may be a private citizen who saves a cops behind from an unseen perpetrator ready to take a pop shot at him/her ! I believe this has already happened once in Philadelphia and the citizen was made an honorary officer. It's the damn liberal politicians in this city who are making it bad for gun enthusiasts and CCWP's holders. Im seriously gonna move further northwest of this city, maybe to Erie PA or an NRA friendly county. That leaves out Mifflin and Monroe counties altogether !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 10-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #32

like we all have some crack lying around
hth3

Old 10-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i must agree there is some mess up $%^& in the country. i think if you display gang related anything that should be immediate cause for jail time. and you better believe if a bunch of thugs showed up in my front yard tellin me that they were gonna kill my family i would have done some speed reload drills. hope that guy gets off the hook.
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJohn364 View Post
“He starts threatening my family, my life. ‘Oh you’re dead. I’m gonna kill your family and your babies. You’re dead.’ So when he says that, 20 others guys come rushing around the corner. And so I fired four warning shots into the grass,” Grier said.

I guess someone has to play devil's advocate. Verbal threats are just words, but the "20" people that came rushing around the corner is a bit vague. Where did they go when they came around the corner? Did they rush toward the guy or did they just go stand behind their "fearless leader" and just look manacing. IF they were charging the guy, then yeah, I agree with him because proper escalation of force was used. But if they were just standing there throwing words then it's a different story. If him just showing the weapon stopped them from advancing, then his escalation of force was effective because they stopped. This is just my $.02 worth on this, but the whole story seems a bit vague to me.

Why am I not surprised the one joker to actually defend these thugs is from my home state. Like the drivers, taxes, and weather isn't bad enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hth3 View Post
like we all have some crack lying around
hth3
Never watched the Chappelle show eh? Pretty sure it was a joke.

Good for this guy. What I would hope I'd do and what I would actually do in this situation may be different but either way I applaud him and hope he stays out of cuffs.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:53 AM   #35
dcm

so they arrested the guy protecting himself, did they go after these gang members? Thing that pisses me off is that the story shifts from armed gang violence to violent citizen which is untrue bs that gets circulated and makes the law abiding citizen the target while gang violence goes on its merry way