Man arrested for defending home, family - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Man arrested for defending home, family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
jbd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

All I can say is that you come in my yard saying you will kill me and my family I will not be firing my gun into the ground, but I bet you can guess where I will be firing it. I hope that all charges against this man are dropped or dismissed.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

IMHO, he should have started with a 12 gauge shotgun and had the AK there for back-up. The ending might have turned out just a little bit differently.....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

Why am i not surprised that a law abiding man was charged for defending his family by the same NY prosecutor who routinely makes sweetheart plea deals with murderers, kidnappers and rapists.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #14

Liked 51 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 25

As terrible as this is I think the guy will be vindicated in court. I know I wouldn't convict a guy who was facing down 20 some odd thugs and I am pretty sure that most reasonable individuals would think that seeing that huge crowd start to gather around would cause reasonable fear for someones personal safety.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #15

Liked 795 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 50

They have some stupid laws in NY for sure.
And what is ShotSpotter technology and how's it work??? Never heard of it.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 09-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

Quote:
Shot Spotter uses mikes and sensors on rooftops, utility poles and all over the place. When a gun is fired a triangulation is made. The location of the shot is plotted. There is a mobile version of Shot Spotter.

Wired 15.04: Shot Spotter

Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #17

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

If the f****d judicial system in NYS doesn't get him than the gang most certainly will. My fear is that this guy and his family will be dead either way

I see no problem with a man confronting thugs on his property. The only error this man made in not wasting every one of them!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 09-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #18
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
They have some stupid laws in NY for sure.
Oh, heck yeah. They vary from county to county, of course. Where I live, you can blast the bejesus out of anyone who breaks into your home. Once they're inside, have at 'em. But outside the home on your property...you can't touch 'em.

ShotSpotter is a mesh of microphones usually set around an urban area that specifically detect gunshots and triangulate on the location.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:30 AM   #19

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Great..This guy was probably disarmed and don't think if these where gang member that they have forgotten about him. He goes to jail he's got a target on his back. He goes home the target is still on him and his family. It wont surprise me to hear of some accident happening involving this family some time in the future.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-09-2010, 02:41 AM   #20

Default G bangers

What do you all expect.....this place is an appendage of NYC. I have a high regard for the guy just based on the fact that he had an AK for self defense.
These punk a$$ MS-13's are pretty tough in groups but when people have had just enough crap from these illegals its just a matter of time before someone goes berserk. I am glad that he didn't at this point and I hope he keeps his freedom. All I can say is when I am an old ba$tard with little or no time left these pieces of trash had better tread lightly. To heck with jail, the only thing I want is the autopsy reports so I can see how well my reloads performed.