Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Makin' a list, checkin' it twice...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2446 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Default Makin' a list, checkin' it twice...

Is it too early to start making a "naughty" and "nice" list of

anti and pro politicians for the upcoming election?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Here is a list I made. It is in order from most pro gun, to most anti gun.

Ron Paul--------------big time pro gun
Michelle Bachmann---pro gun
Rick Perry-------------pro gun
Newt Gingrich---------neutral
Mitt Romney-----------somewhat anti gun
Barack Obama---------big time anti gun

Old 12-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #3

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Is it too early to start making a "naughty" and "nice" list of

anti and pro politicians for the upcoming election?
Its never too early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Here is a list I made. It is in order from most pro gun, to most anti gun.

Ron Paul--------------big time pro gun
Michelle Bachmann---pro gun
Rick Perry-------------pro gun
Newt Gingrich---------neutral
Mitt Romney-----------somewhat anti gun
Barack Obama---------big time anti gun
My biggest worry is that the Dem's will not offer Obama their support in reelection and instead will propose Hillary Clinton for the Democrat nomination. Now that is scary.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 557

What about Santorum?

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-20-2011, 01:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
What about Santorum?
I think he would be between Perry and Gingrich.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #6

Liked 666 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1407

Speaking for myself, THIS list is my yardstick for support in the next election... And I'm posting the link in case anyone else needs it to help make up their mind as well;
GovTrack: House Vote On Passage: H.R. 822: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

Old 12-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Speaking for myself, THIS list is my yardstick for support in the next election... And I'm posting the link in case anyone else needs it to help make up their mind as well;
GovTrack: House Vote On Passage: H.R. 822: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011
WTF? Ron Paul didn't vote on it. Thats odd. He usually votes for 2A rights. I wonder why he didn't vote on it.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2049 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 3083

As house majority leader Gingrich flip-flopped on us. Gingrich voted for the "gun free safe school zones" act and claimed the Lautenberg amendment was a good law.

Newt Gingrich on Guns: A Mixed Record - Gun Owners Of America

Quote:
His promise didn’t hold up, however, and his GOA rating quickly dropped like a lead sinker to a “D.” In 1996, the Republican-led Congress passed the “gun free school zones act,” creating criminal safe zones like Virginia Tech, where the only person armed was a murderous criminal. Speaker Newt Gingrich voted for the bill containing this ban.1

The same bill also contained the now infamous Lautenberg gun ban, which lowered the threshold for losing one’s Second Amendment rights to a mere misdemeanor.2 Gun owners could, as a result of this ban, lose their gun rights forever for non-violent shouting matches that occurred in the home -- and, in many cases, lose their rights without a jury trial.

While a legislator might sometimes vote for a spending bill which contains objectionable amendments, that was clearly NOT the case with Newt Gingrich in 1996. Speaking on Meet the Press in September of that year, Speaker Gingrich said the Lautenberg gun ban was “a very reasonable position.”3 He even refused to cosponsor a repeal of the gun ban during the next Congress -- despite repeated requests to do so.4

Also in 1996, Speaker Gingrich cast his vote for an anti-gun terror bill which contained several harmful provisions. For example, one of the versions he supported (in March of that year) contained a DeLauro amendment that would have severely punished gun owners for possessing a laser sighting device while committing an infraction as minor as speeding on a federal reservation.5 (Not only would this provision have stigmatized laser sights, it would have served as a first step to banning these items.) Another extremely harmful provision was the Schumer amendment to “centralize Federal, State and Local police.”6

Newest Threads