MAIG costs paid by taxpayers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > MAIG costs paid by taxpayers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default MAIG costs paid by taxpayers

MAIG is Mayors Against Illegal Guns and was started by NYC mayor Bloomberg. It's actual intent is to ban ALL guns, including those legally-owned by responsible people.

MAIG Coordinators Paid as City Employees, Saves Gun-Hater’s Money
Posted on May 20, 2012 by Sean Caranna

Here’s a great way to reduce overhead and be effective at running a national organization dedicated to infringing on the gun rights of everyday people all at the same time… Have cities hire your people for you so that tax payers cover ¼ of your people’s salary and benefits, pay for most of their operational costs, and finance all of their other resources! It also embeds your people as leaders in city government so that you don’t have to lobby there!

Sounds like another conspiracy theory from the tinfoil hat brigade… Right?

Back in March, while researching the repeal of some anti-gun ordinances, I stumbled across an Orlando City Council agenda item that grabbed my attention. It was, on its surface, just a mundane action item for the annual contract renewal of a city employee. But this city employee’s job title was, well, unique…

“Approving Employment Contract for the Grant-Funded Position of Mayors Against Illegal Guns Regional Coordinator.” City of Orlando Website

The agenda included a budgetary breakdown for how a $75,000 grant from the “United Against Illegal Guns Support Fund” was to be spent.

$60,000 in salary and benefits for the “MAIG Regional Coordinator”
$2,000 for Supplies
$3,000 for “Contractual Services”
$10,000 for Travel

Also attached was the Fiscal Impact statement. It showed that this employee’s salary and benefits were expected to cost the city $84,000 for the year. It allocated $24,000 from the city’s “General Fund” to cover the grant’s shortfall.

Click the link to read the rest. There's a lot more info...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

This is outrageous but wouldn't surprise me. If anyone can find the info stated I think it should be forwarded to the nra. This has got to be illegal and may be just what we need to shut maig down.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #3

Liked 73 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I hate language filters. Wonder when someone in the media (HA!!) is going to blow the whistle on this.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Letters sent to my Senators.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
Letters sent to my Senators.
I imagine those are some good reads.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #6

Liked 2394 Times on 1553 Posts

How many other agendas are paid for with tax dollars? For example, green energy, abortion pros and cons, etc. I believe standards should be set by the federal govt on how much, if any, tax $ should be spent on agendas like this, and how much good, if any, it will benefit Americans.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
How many other agendas are paid for with tax dollars? For example, green energy, abortion pros and cons, etc. I believe standards should be set by the federal govt on how much, if any, tax $ should be spent on agendas like this, and how much good, if any, it will benefit Americans.
That's a really nice idea, but it's not like those in the federal government care what we think or whether what they are doing is legal.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #8

Liked 2394 Times on 1553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
That's a really nice idea, but it's not like those in the federal government care what we think or whether what they are doing is legal.
Quote from ruby Tuesday "lose your dreams and you will lose your mind, ain't life unkind?" It's nice to dream once inawhile, isn't it?

Feral cat waterboarder