Magpul plans one-finger salute to the CO state Govt - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Magpul plans one-finger salute to the CO state Govt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 743 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I'm sure some tried but the protocol on those forums is to delete and ban anyone with a different opinion, and God help you if you use facts to make a point...

You know, because tolerance is their forte'...

I don't bother to post, I just lurk, I find differing opinions to be...umm...interesting...ya, that's it, interesting...
Thats true.....I joined the "million moms against guns" forum a while back, just to see what the other side was talking about. I didnt last long.....

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #32

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Interesting, or dumfounding of how ignorant people can be?
Willful ignorance...

Cognitive dissonance...

Take your pick...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #33

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Thats true.....I joined the "million moms against guns" forum a while back, just to see what the other side was talking about. I didnt last long.....
Sounds about par for the course, always an adventure to see how the other side lives...

I like reading their posts for the facepalm factor...like driving by a car wreck, you know you shouldn't look but you just can't help yourself...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6620 Times on 3688 Posts
Likes Given: 6293

Unfortunately, attempting to silence those who oppose your viewpoint is the normal stock in trade of all extremists, whether far left or far right.

The sad part is that extremists will attack their own natural allies just as quickly and as viciously as they attact their enemies if that ally isn't viewed as adequately extremist. Just look at the folks here who bitterly attack the NRA.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #35

Liked 3148 Times on 1876 Posts
Likes Given: 2199

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Unfortunately, attempting to silence those who oppose your viewpoint is the normal stock in trade of all extremists, whether far left or far right.

The sad part is that extremists will attack their own natural allies just as quickly and as viciously as they attact their enemies if that ally isn't viewed as adequately extremist. Just look at the folks here who bitterly attack the NRA.
not just the NRA, but other shooting enthusiasts are often attacked when posters disagree with their stance. its simply amazing how fast you will be called "liberal" or "left" or "brainwashed," if your opinion varies on some subjects from the general population. pay attention to how much this happens...
Old 07-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #36

Liked 3148 Times on 1876 Posts
Likes Given: 2199

and more on topic....

i am trying to think of more magpul products i can buy (i only have 1 AR). i have p-mags and magpul sights already......

Old 07-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3099 Times on 1553 Posts
Likes Given: 383

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/07/01/awesome-magpul-industries-floods-colorado-with-30round-magazines-n1631477

After action report:

Quote:
Today new gun control laws limiting ammunition magazine capacity to 15 rounds go into effect in Colorado. Magpul industries, a company based in Colorado that manufactures standard capacity 30-round magazines and firearms accessories, held an event over the weekend to give away thousands of magazines, flooding the state before the ban goes into effect.
Gun-owners and gun-lovers converged on Infinity Park on Saturday afternoon in a last-minute protest against a new Colorado law banning the sale of magazines of more than 15 rounds.

"You are in the Vatican of liberty, the Luxembourg of freedom," Glendale Mayor Mike Dunfon told the crowd at the beginning of the rally.

Organizers say some 5,000 people attended the "Farewell to Arms Freedom" festival, which was hosted by Free Colorado, a nonprofit group that advocates for firearms rights.

Hours before the event began, people formed a line over a half- mile long outside the park. The first 1,500 who were at least 18 years old were handed tickets they could redeem for a free 30-round magazine, courtesy of Magpul Industries.

Magpul donated a total of 20,000 magazines for the event, which featured live music, speakers and food. All the free magazines arrived, with great fanfare, via helicopter.
Event organizers brought in talk radio host Dana Loesch (who is banned from Piers Morgan's television show) via helicopter to distribute the magazines.

And the best part? Money raised from the event will help fund recalls of politicians who voted for the magazine bans.
The rest were sold at a discounted price of $10, with all of the proceeds going to the group's recall efforts against state Senate President John Morse and state Sen. Angela Giron, both Democrats.
Magpul is in talks to take their business, and jobs, elsewhere.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?
orangello Likes This 
Old 07-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
not just the NRA, but other shooting enthusiasts are often attacked when posters disagree with their stance. its simply amazing how fast you will be called "liberal" or "left" or "brainwashed," if your opinion varies on some subjects from the general population. pay attention to how much this happens...

Every day. Damn near every thread.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

hawkguy Likes This 
Old 07-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
and more on topic....

i am trying to think of more magpul products i can buy (i only have 1 AR). i have p-mags and magpul sights already......

I just ordered a ten pack of PMAGS from Brownell's.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Old 07-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #40

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I'm sure some tried but the protocol on those forums is to delete and ban anyone with a different opinion, and God help you if you use facts to make a point...

You know, because tolerance is their forte'...

I don't bother to post, I just lurk, I find differing opinions to be...umm...interesting...ya, that's it, interesting...
In the very least entertaining as comical as their uneducated and unfounded ideas can be.