Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Magpul plans one-finger salute to the CO state Govt (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/magpul-plans-one-finger-salute-co-state-govt-93054/)

Overkill0084 06-28-2013 04:54 PM

Magpul plans one-finger salute to the CO state Govt

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/27/gun-manufacturers-big-act-of-defiance-ahead-of-new-magazine-ban-in-colorado/

Quote:

It will be illegal to purchase, manufacture or sell magazines that hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition in the state of Colorado come Monday. Recently-passed gun control measures have Second Amendment supporters angry while several gun manufacturers are fleeing the state.
One of the companies getting out of Colorado is Magpul Industries — but not before one final, symbolic act of defiance.

Magpul plans to give away 1,500 30-round ammunition magazines in Colorado on Saturday, just a couple days before the ban goes into effect. The magazines will be given away at a “Freedom Festival” on a first-come first-served basis. The event will be held at Infinity Park in Glendale, Colo., from 4-8 p.m., Magpul announced on its official Facebook page.
A number of gun control measures will go into effect July 1, including the magazine ban and expansive universal background checks. However, the law is not retroactive and allows gun owners to keep soon-to-be illegal high-capacity magazines if they were purchased legally before July 1.
In other words, every gun owner who gets a free 30-round magazine from Magpul is covered.

“Just to clarify, it seems many of the local news outlets are billing us as an ‘ammunition’ company, and saying that we will be giving out free ammo. This is incorrect…as you all know, we build magazines and accessories, and it is empty, 20 and 30 round magazines that will be for sale and also given away for the first 1500,” Magpul said in a statement.
Magpul, which claims it contributes roughly $85 million to Colorado’s economy and employs 200 people, is leaving Colorado over the new gun control measured signed into law by Gov. John Hickenlooper in response to the Sandy Hook shooting.
The company reaffirmed its plan to leave Colorado on its Facebook page on Thursday, though Magpul hasn’t announced where it plans to relocate.

This made me smile.

Jagermeister 06-28-2013 05:00 PM

What an awesome **** you very much. Brings a tear to my eye. I think I will buy a couple of 20 round mags for my AR this weekend. I recommend you all do the same to show your support for this company (if there is any available).

texaswoodworker 06-28-2013 06:01 PM

All of my AR mags are magpul, and so is my stock, grip, and hand guard. That won't be changing anytime soon. A company like this has DEFINETLY earned my business.

locutus 06-28-2013 09:41 PM

Brownell's now has 10 packs of Magpuls in stock for around $135.!:)

BTW, Hi-Vis sights, the outfit that makes the fiber optic shotgun and pistol sights has already moved from Kolorado to Laramie Wyoming.!

Patronize them as well!:)

Warrior1256 06-29-2013 11:23 PM

When the sh$# hit the fan in December went to my local gun store and bought 5 more Magpul mags for my AR.

FullautoUSA 06-30-2013 12:15 AM

I love it! When life gives you lemons- make lemonade, when government restricts you're rights- do exactly what they don't want you to do!

locutus 06-30-2013 12:31 AM

This afternoon I ordered a "10 pack" of PMAGS from Brownell's.!:D

They're in stock for $125 fro 10 of them.:)

bluez 06-30-2013 01:09 AM

Gen 3 's are in too albeit for an extra 2 bucks each :)

darthjkf 06-30-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez
Gen 3 's are in too albeit for an extra 2 bucks each :)

Gen 2 ftw! Love the windows in them.

towboater 06-30-2013 01:41 AM

Where will they go? Probably Texas.