Magpul gives up the 2A fight a little bit... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Magpul gives up the 2A fight a little bit...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3243 Posts
Likes Given: 5167

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
Most of magpuls products wouldn't be affected by a ban anyway. For them to say that you can't buy their products because of the state you reside in would be a huge marketing error, it also doesn't make much sense. I could see it if they sold firearms to leo in the state, but not unregulated accessories.

Magpul is a huge maker of 30 round mags. Those will be banned in Kolorado if the bill passes.

Go back and read the whole thread.

Winston Churchill
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 03-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #22

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Magpul is a huge maker of 30 round mags. Those will be banned in Kolorado if the bill passes.

Go back and read the whole thread.
Yeah, I just caught that. Should have read it all

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #23

Liked 987 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Before anyone busts Magpul's balls, maybe we should find out how much of their revenue comes from where. If a substantial amount comes from people/agencies we'd rather they not sell to, you can't blame them. Don't even try to tell me that a move across state lines will be cheap, even if another state picks up some of the tab. (Which I doubt) I would imagine those costs running into a $million+. Never mind all the other logistical issues. do you think their employees will ALL follow them? Doubtful. Buying one property, selling another........I'd have to agree with the other poster, that only if after all this talk, if they don't actually move, would I be disappointed.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #24

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

I don't think they will stay. But moving a manufacturing/assembly facility will not happen overnight.
You would be AMAZED at how fast a huge manufacturing operation can be torn down and moved out...have seen it with my own eyes!

Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #25

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasstruck View Post
You would be AMAZED at how fast a huge manufacturing operation can be torn down and moved out...have seen it with my own eyes!
Yea....after they have something to move to. with employes on both ends to tear down and set up.

tearing down an operation is one thing. moving it, rebuilding it, getting it up and running again is another.

especially when you don't have employees on the other end yet. How many Magpul employees will simply take a layoff instead of moving with the company?

there's a LOT of work that needs to be done before anyone unplugs anything and loads it up on a truck to move it. THAT'S what's going to take time to sort out.

give them a few months, see what happens.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #26

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383

Yea....after they have something to move to. with employes on both ends to tear down and set up.

tearing down an operation is one thing. moving it, rebuilding it, getting it up and running again is another.

especially when you don't have employees on the other end yet. How many Magpul employees will simply take a layoff instead of moving with the company?

there's a LOT of work that needs to be done before anyone unplugs anything and loads it up on a truck to move it. THAT'S what's going to take time to sort out.

give them a few months, see what happens.
Big corporations will hire out sub contractors that specialize in just that sort of move and have them out and gone in no time flat.
I understand your point in having to have another place to go, but I would imagine that would have to have been decided or at least narrowed down before they ever mentioned anything about a move. OR....it was all propaganda! Just saying

Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #27

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

There is a LOT of "background work" that needs to go into a move. for instance, they need to announce to other state/local governments that they want to move and are looking for a new home. different state/local gov't will then make offers of "if you move here, we'll give you $x in tax breaks" because they want the company there creating jobs, income, economic growth and ultimately, more tax revenue. nobody will know to make them an offer until they go out and say "we want to move" which as I understand it, just happened a few weeks ago...heck, the colorado law proposal was what..a month? month and a half ago? I don't think they had time to "do their homework" and get all this stuff figured out before announcing that they would move out of Colorado.

once they have their ducks in a row, you're right though, the actual move itself will go quickly

Old 03-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #28

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

since many of you seem to have missed it ... it was Magpul that made the claim that they would move if CO passed punitive gun laws. Nobody asked them to move ... they offered

I fully support them in their decision, but CO has called ... now it's time for Magpul to put their money where their mouth is

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 03-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #29

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

before? Hell, MA has lead the way ... if you think NY and CO are bad now, wait till the legislators in MA take up the issue You'll be lucky if you get out of there without a rectal exam

Nope they started talking bout those last week!!! Heard Romney wants to do the exams himself! =x
Old 03-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3243 Posts
Likes Given: 5167

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasstruck View Post
Big corporations will hire out sub contractors that specialize in just that sort of move and have them out and gone in no time flat.
I understand your point in having to have another place to go, but I would imagine that would have to have been decided or at least narrowed down before they ever mentioned anything about a move. OR....it was all propaganda! Just saying

Magpul is a small business with less than 300 employees. It's not a big corporation.

Winston Churchill