Magazine Ammo Limits - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Magazine Ammo Limits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #41
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
I will also agree that I'm sick and tired of the liberal agenda. But the problem we have is that nobody is willing to find a middle ground. One side feels they have the right to do whatever they want while the other feels you have the right to nothing.
Sure, that's true. Count me as one who is very unwilling to find a middle ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
I'm not supporting banning these, as I have stated, that will do nothing. Both sides are thinking in absolutes, all or nothing. Neither will work in the end.

JMO, I could be wrong.
There was a time when what we're after -- freedom to own the things we want to own that are not either outright banned or which are registered and come with a $200 tax -- was the norm. So it's not at all unreasonable or outlandish to demand a return to the way we were in the mid 1960's.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #42

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

These are all good arguments, but any ban on high caps is stupid. A motivated person can train around it, or be like any other criminal and get what they want illegally.

Any ban on anything firearms is an infringement on the 2nd amendment, i have it posted as my sig for reference. I agree with what many others have said, punish the criminals harshly and they will either
A. Die
B. Go to jail
or C. Get the point and stop (well, with less frequency anyway).

As far as the Tuscon incident, its like women drivers. Criminals that have a gun are gun owners too. That doesn't mean Cane, JD, or anyone on here is just like them because they have a gun. Therefore, a mag ban is useless, and besides, how often do policemen drop by your house saying "excuse me, we are checking for your compliance with the hi-cap magazine law." Unless you go to a public range and shout "HEY LOOK AT MY BANNED AND ILLEGAL STUFF, ISN'T IT COOL." Right when a policeman is there, it isn't an issue. Like JD said, guns are tools. Tools need people to operate them.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #43

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Sure, that's true. Count me as one who is very unwilling to find a middle ground.
Yeah. As usual, I am with bkt on this one. "Middle" ground is a losing proposition for OUR side.

JD

Old 02-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2251 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 3512

Quote:
"Middle" ground is a losing proposition for OUR side.
Bingo!!!! Middle ground got us the "assault weapons" ban.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 AM   #45

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Yeah. As usual, I am with bkt on this one. "Middle" ground is a losing proposition for OUR side.

JD
I agree.

HOWEVER, I am constantly astounded that American citizens, who enjoy the same Rights as I, think that is ok to pick a Right and try to deny what the creator has granted. It is obvious that these people think no further than the tip of their noses, because if they did, they might realize that by forcing a wedge of any size into the BoR, they open up the entire BoR to "reasonable and sensible regulation". I can only assume(because I CANNOT twist my mind enough to actually think like them), that the "gun grabber crowd" would be ok with "infringement of ALL of our Rights!!

I know I'm dreamin, but there shouldn't even BE sides to this! I read somewhere,maybe on this forum, I can't remember (CRS), that the reason the grabbers don't want ANYONE to have guns is because they think people will run around shooting any and everyone, because that is probably what they would do!! People tend to project their values onto others, for example, I have a (naive) tendency to take people at face value, thinking that what they say is what they mean, because that is how I am. Even though I have learned the hard way that that is not how it works, I STILL find myself doing it. And I refuse to stop believing that people are honest. So I guess that as long as there are folks who have high propensity towards violence, (read liberals) there will always be a battle for control of our own lives.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #46

Great post!
As for banning hi-caps. Did that nutcase in NYC have a hi-cap butcher knife? he killed 4 and wounded about a dozen, and never reloaded!
In Virginia the AG and the Fed proscuitor have teamed up over 10 yrs ago to toss perps who use guns in crimes in jail for an extra 5 yrs no probation or parole.I must say it is working, though I think the term should be10yrs 1st offence,20yrs 2nd offence et.c. But then I told George Allen the only thing about his term as Gov. was he got lethal injection approved. He asked if I was opposed to thew death penality and I said No we just need electric bleachers instead of one chair.