Magazine Ammo Limits - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Magazine Ammo Limits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 06:18 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
Yeah, I think we do.

In no way do I support a ban and I certainly do not support more firearm restrictions. I do agree that the liberal agenda is trying to eat away more and more of the conservatives ground. The liberals are more the problem that anyone else. They're are the main reason I don't believe that we can find common ground. And I'm not just talking about firearms here either.

Also, I do not equate hunting and protecting your own life and the life of others as murder. I've been hunting plenty of times and I fully support it. I feel it something that anyone with the future in mind should know how to do. We might not always have a grocery store to go to. I also have a CCP and I carry my gun everywhere. I also have a gun for home protections. If I had to, I would use them.

Those are completely different than, for instance, what happened in Arizona and I see nothing wrong with either.
So now I am completely confused as to where you really stand based on this thread and your posts. You see no need for a civilian to be able to own a 30+ round mag, but you see no need for a ban or restriction placed on them for civilians? Do you hem-haw as to which toll booth you roll through as well?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #32

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
So now I am completely confused as to where you really stand based on this thread and your posts. You see no need for a civilian to be able to own a 30+ round mag, but you see no need for a ban or restriction placed on them for civilians? Do you hem-haw as to which toll booth you roll through as well?
I don't see the need. Is it really that hard to load another magazine? That's my point. I don't support the ban because it wouldn't stop anything. If they truly want to stop anyone from getting them they would need to eliminate them completely. Would I be upset if that were to happen, no. Why? Because I'm not going to complain about having to load another magazine. It just seems like something very petty to be so adamant about.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I don't see the need. Is it really that hard to load another magazine? That's my point. I don't support the ban because it wouldn't stop anything. If they truly want to stop anyone from getting them they would need to eliminate them completely. Would I be upset if that were to happen, no. Why? Because I'm not going to complain about having to load another magazine. It just seems like something very petty to be so adamant about.
Would you be OK with it if they simply replaced magazines with a "chamber loading device" that held one, and only one, round and couldn't be inserted until the slide was locked back?

edit* think about that old joke about the guy who offered a woman a million bucks to pleasure him, then asked her if she would do it for twenty bucks, explaining that her status as a prostitute had been established and that he merely wanted to negotiate a price.

I don't have a thirty rounder, except one for the SKS that doesn't get much use, but i have no problem with other people having them.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 02-22-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #34

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

so say the US gubment "does" start to buckle, and some foreigners grow enough "hairys" to hit us then..........from the southern border, the eastern world, whereever:

do you think they will be using 10 round magazines? do you really think that just because you can't justify a purpose for 30 round magazines, that there aren't any purposes?

the military, just like ICE, and just like LEOs can't be everywhere @ once, and like has been stated time and time again......."none of these entities is supposed to guarantee, nor can guarantee your individual safety, from whatever the threat may be!"

you continue to carry your "3" - ten round mags around, and i will carry my "3" - 30 rounders; if and when the situation arises, we will see what all opinions are afterwards. and you can bet your hairy @ss that the military WILL NOT be givin' out theirs to civilians.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 02-22-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 AM   #35

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Would you be OK with it if they simply replaced magazines with a "chamber loading device" that held one, and only one, round and couldn't be inserted until the slide was locked back?

edit* think about that old joke about the guy who offered a woman a million bucks to pleasure him, then asked her if she would do it for twenty bucks, explaining that her status as a prostitute had been established and that he merely wanted to negotiate a price.

I don't have a thirty rounder, except one for the SKS that doesn't get much use, but i have no problem with other people having them.
I don't have a problem with other people having them either. I only said that I didn't see the need and that I thought that this is a petty thing to to be upset about. I also said I wouldn't be upset if they disappeared.

And, no, I wouldn't be alright with a chamber loading device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
so say the US gubment "does" start to buckle, and some foreigners grow enough "hairys" to hit us then..........from the southern border, the eastern world, whereever:

do you think they will be using 10 round magazines? do you really think that just because you can't justify a purpose for 30 round magazines, that there aren't any purposes?

the military, just like ICE, and just like LEOs can't be everywhere @ once, and like has been stated time and time again......."none of these entities is supposed to guarantee, nor can guarantee your individual safety, from whatever the threat may be!"

you continue to carry your "3" - ten round mags around, and i will carry my "3" - 30 rounders; if and when the situation arises, we will see what all opinions are afterwards. and you can bet your hairy @ss that the military WILL NOT be givin' out theirs to civilians.
Well, that's a fair point. But I never said anything about a limit, let alone 10. I just thought that 31 was excessive for a handgun. And if things came down to that, I would hope I would have something more substantial than a handgun to defend myself.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:25 AM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Good read there Cane. Most of us with common sense know that ANY firearms restrictions for law abiding Americans makes no sense, especially now, when there IS never ending access to the countless hi-cap mags already produced and circulated. Whether you are a scumbag, murdering criminal or "Joe The Plumber" with a job, family and home to protect, if you want a hi-cap mag, you can get one. THE CRIMINAL WILL! ban or not. So why even waste time trying to regulate something for the average American that is out of anyone's hands? ? ? ?

CONTROL.

The only logical answer. And like said before, one step towards a ZERO round magazine.

This post reminds me of an article I read that demonstrates how close minded and oblivious to reality the media is. If I find it I'll post it up.

Sad. . .

Old 02-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Very good post Cane, and thank you.

We all know that any regulation they put, or try to put on firearms (or their accessories) in ONLY about control.Has anyone else thought about the fact that the Second is the only right that gets more and more regulation? On what seems like a daily basis? How about if the First was change to read like this:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, however the government shall dictate which religions are acceptable; or abridging the freedom of speech, as long as the only words used, are approved by Congress, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and NOT to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

THIS, to me is why it is so important for us to NOT allow ANY infringement of the Second! Because without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 3194

It ain't about "high capacity" magazines. It is about "high capacity" magazines as an instrument of incremental gun control. After the Brady Bill and the AWB were passed; Chuckie Schumer gloated on TV: "Wait until you see the rest of the camel". Well Chuckie's camel got its nose cut off when the AWB expired.

We have to stay on top of this stuff and make sure that Schumer, Feinstein and that bunch never get their camels nose under the tent again.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #39

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

The whole mind set was put into motion with the term "sporting proposes" And range fun and/or plinking does not fit into their criteria. That term has been and will continue to be what restricts us until they are completely stopped. 'Cause remember..If it's not for sporting proposes then it's just a killing machine.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
And, no, I wouldn't be alright with a chamber loading device.
What if they said your "chamber loading device" could be upgraded to a three-round model if you could pass their special background check? Would that be adequate?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.