Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > lying to congress?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default lying to congress?

Will someone tell me why Roger Clemens is being indicted for lying to congress about steriod use but the good old boy that lied to them about "project gunrunner" aka "fast and furious" is still free?
Isnt the law supposed to be equal?
Or did I miss the transition from America to Nazi Germany?
Its too late at night for me to think clearly now.

charlie 8 out

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8609 Times on 3731 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

I'm still looking for the part of the Constitution thats says it is the job of Congress to regulate pro baseball...........

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5457 Times on 2849 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I'm still looking for the part of the Constitution thats says it is the job of Congress to regulate pro baseball...........
It is right next to the one that gives them the right to nationalize healthcare take over private companies and regulate arms. Didnt you get the memo?? now i gotta revoke your democrat party card!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2047 Times on 1108 Posts
Likes Given: 3082

Quote:
Me too. The country is quickly falling apart at the seams and the congress criminals are worried about baseball.

We need citizens committees to investigate lying congressmen like the Weiner perp.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #5

Liked 1084 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
The "legal" reason that I have heard for congress regulating baseball is that they gave the MLB an anti-trust exemption to be a monopoly on pro baeball. Because of that exemption congress has the right to mess with them.

Granted they have so many more important things to do but that's the reason I have heard for what they are doing.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6953 Times on 4184 Posts
Likes Given: 8362

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Me too. The country is quickly falling apart at the seams and the congress criminals are worried about baseball.

We need citizens committees to investigate lying congressmen like the Weiner perp.
I am bringing this a step down and I can't understand why people aren't arrested for perjury in a court. Take the case of OJ, Casey Anthony, George Anthony and the thousands upon thousands of perjuries that probably happen every day in court. Fine them and pay off some debt, for chrissake. Of course, it might be that it is difficult to prove it in court but the judge has the right and obligation to use common sense and figure out the mess of lies, isn't he/she?

But, yeah, I often wondered why Congress gets involved in so many things such as baseball. But I think Yunus has answered that question.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Lies .... Congress ....
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

Oh and what about Charlie Rangel the criminal in congress that should be in Federal Prison.
Two sets of standards and even worse with this administration. Not getting any better!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #9

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Yeah, the list goes on. The Federal Government needs to realize that their only job is to protect the rights of the citizens. Too bad they want to control everything.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5457 Times on 2849 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I am bringing this a step down and I can't understand why people aren't arrested for perjury in a court. Take the case of OJ, Casey Anthony, George Anthony and the thousands upon thousands of perjuries that probably happen every day in court. Fine them and pay off some debt, for chrissake. Of course, it might be that it is difficult to prove it in court but the judge has the right and obligation to use common sense and figure out the mess of lies, isn't he/she?

But, yeah, I often wondered why Congress gets involved in so many things such as baseball. But I think Yunus has answered that question.
perjury is a criminal offense and requires a seperate trial most perjury cases are simple fines plead out or dismissed. you just dont hear about it because its not flashy or exciting.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...