Love SOME Of My Texas Reps-

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Love SOME Of My Texas Reps-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default Love SOME Of My Texas Reps-

Online Editor/ Fox 51 News

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 4:43pm
AUSTIN, TX (FOX 51) — On Monday, a Texas lawmaker filed a bill that would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state's boundaries.

State Representative Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands) claims he filed the legislation in protection of the Second Amendment. The 'Firearms Protection Act' or HB 1076 would allow for any municipality, county, or special district trying to enforce a federal gun ban to be fined or face misdemeanor charges.

Attorney General Greg Abbott and Sheriff Richard Mack helped draft the measure to ensure strong language to protect local law enforcement.

Representative Toth expressed his concern on what officers may face in the field.

"Many law enforcement officers have realistic concerns over either obeying federal law that calls them to infringe on citizens 2nd Amendment rights or do they uphold the U.S. Constitution they have taken the oath to protect citizens against enemies both foreign and domestic. HB 1076 answers these concerns by protecting our local officers from the inability to protect our Texas citizens in the event an unconstitutional mandate is passed by this Federal Administration," said Toth.

The 'Firearm Protection Act' would support and protect local sheriffs and law enforcement officers working to protect Texan's 2nd Amendment rights, send a clear message to Washington by supporting and protecting Texans from unconstitutional overreach and address local Texans concerns for their personal safety, according to authors of the bill.

"I believe this administration has now realized they have woken up a giant. All over the United States, Americans are crying out for something to be done to protect their 2nd Amendment rights. The American people understand this is not just about gun rights, but about all constitutional rights. They understand once you compromise one Constitutional right, all others can be in jeopardy." Representative Toth.

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2989 Times on 1557 Posts
Likes Given: 277

Not the first such bill filed this legislative session in Texas.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball