Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Lost Guns.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7588 Times on 3303 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

1, Take pictures
2, Written description, to include make, model, serial number
3, Burn to a CD
4, KEEP THE CD SOMEWHERE ELSE. Your desk at work. Your Dad's Sock Drawer. Do a CD for your best friend, you keep his, he keeps yours.

Frankly, with the time lapse- yer screwed. My advice- not that you asked for it- For a relatively small $$ amount, you learned a valuable lesson. Now, keep that information to your self. Making an accusation without proof (and you have not told us anything that begins to approach the definition of proof) is not going to do a thing but start a fight. Let it go, and remember to keep crazy people at a distance.

Lesson I learned from my dad- if there is something you really want to keep, put it in your pocket, or put a lock on it.

Items 1-4 above are not just for some jerk swiping a gun- but when your house catches fire- or like me, a tornado tears up your house, and you want to file a claim with your homeowner's insurance, you are going to need proof that you DID have them.

PS- you have plenty room on the CD. As long as you are making it, take camera, shoot 2 pics of each room, add them to CD. Great quick inventory of a room. You will remember the sofa- bet you forgot the paintings, the curtains, and the books on the shelf.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:43 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well I appreciate the advice from everyone. If only I had known these things when i was 18. But thats the thing about experience, once you have it you dont need it . I will definately take some pics of my firearms and the paperwork and put them on a cd for my girlfriend to keep at her place.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:04 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Did you not ask a while back about some stolen guns being in the hands of a convict? Are these the same ones?

You've had guns stolen, lost or just misplaced...*red flag*

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well I looked through all of my posts i have made and didn't find anything about stolen guns in the hands of a convict. But maybe i just missed it. Either way, no these are not guns that are in the hands of a convict, to my knowledge anyway. If my friends dad had sold them then i guess they could theoretically be anywhere.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2263 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Well I appreciate the advice from everyone. If only I had known these things when i was 18. But thats the thing about experience, once you have it you dont need it . I will definately take some pics of my firearms and the paperwork and put them on a cd for my girlfriend to keep at her place.
My advise is to e-mail the list to yourself. Your in box will archive your list for you.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
I will definitely take some pics of my firearms and the paperwork and put them on a cd for my girlfriend to keep at her place.
Don't !

Give them to a trusted family member instead.

Everyone thinks nothing can happen in a great romantic relationship then BAM.....

Women and Men can do some pretty nasty things to one another when break-ups occur. Sad that most people think that can NEVER happen to them. Truth is they do. Heed my warning and give them to someone else you trust.

Just a couple bug guns.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default lost guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Jeez you're lucky you don't live over here, you'd be enjoying accomodation courtesy of the State right now for losing firearms like that..
yep my thinking to in some states you would allready being enjoying three hots and a cot for awhile. so hows this though i had a 20 yr buddy steal two ar's from me called the NC SHERIFF they actually caught the guy just over the fla line highway patrol check point. they got the alert from nc and aressted the butthead now 9 months later i still dont have my guns as fla says they are still being processed to see if they had been used in any crimes 9 months what the hell shold take no more than a week maybe since they were recovered within 6 hrs. my guess is some cop now has possion of my guns and i will probally never see them again.