Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Lost & Found

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Unhappy Lost & Found

Reprinted from local new channel:

LEE COUNTY, GA (WALB) - Two Georgia teenagers found a loaded gun in a grocery store restroom Tuesday afternoon and it turns out the gun belongs to a retired FBI agent.

The gun, a 40 caliber SIG loaded with 12 hollow point bullets, was lying on the right side of a sink in the men's restroom at a Publix store.

15 and 16-year-old brothers found the gun, and told their mother who alerted the store manager. He then called the sheriff's office.

60-year-old David Hallman heard a news report about the discovery of the gun and realized that he was missing his own pistol. He then remembered that he'd left it in the bathroom at Publix.

The retired FBI agent had placed the gun on the sink, washed his hands, and left -- leaving the gun behind.

He called the county sheriff and told him that the weapon was his.

Hallman, who has a Georgia Firearms License issued in Lee County, met with the sheriff, proved the gun was his, and reclaimed it.

The sheriff has notified the Lee County Probate Court, which handles firearms licenses applications, of the incident.

Copyright 2012 WALB. All rights reserved.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #2

Will that happen to us? perhaps? perhaps not--the best thing to do is--don't take it off your holster.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #3

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Any regular citizen would have paid a fine and gone to jail.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 231 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 455

In 1962 I was in the courthouse to pay my very first fine for a ticket I got in my dad's '56 Pontiac convertable. I went to the mens room and found a snub nose .38 hanging on the coat hook in one of the stalls. Like an idiot, I carried it out and handed it to the clerk behind the desk where I was to pay my ticket. Turned out to belong to one of the detectives that was to testify later that day. As far as I know, nothing was done about the incident.
Nowdays I would probably have been shot. I did get a thank you but still had to pay the $15.00 fine for not having a drivers license in Oklahoma. I did have my temp. from Calif tho.

Keep your powder dry boys.
Things are gonna get rough.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker
In 1962 I was in the courthouse to pay my very first fine for a ticket I got in my dad's '56 Pontiac convertable. I went to the mens room and found a snub nose .38 hanging on the coat hook in one of the stalls. Like an idiot, I carried it out and handed it to the clerk behind the desk where I was to pay my ticket. Turned out to belong to one of the detectives that was to testify later that day. As far as I know, nothing was done about the incident.
Nowdays I would probably have been shot. I did get a thank you but still had to pay the $15.00 fine for not having a drivers license in Oklahoma. I did have my temp. from Calif tho.
I love the stories of the USA before we became a police state.

1)If you did that today you would be dead.
2) if you were not dead (luck perhaps). Your fine would probly be $500.
3) you couldn't afford to put gas in an old Pontiac. (anybody here about O'bummer shooting down the oil line in Canada?).
4) the detective would get a promotion to the ATF.
5) there would be no thank you exchanged or implied. Just Gitmo.

Last edited by robocop10mm; 02-03-2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Fixed it for you