Lose your job, buy a gun, get arrested.... - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Lose your job, buy a gun, get arrested....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 02:43 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm a little late on this thread but, seems like to me some people have forgotten about what happened at Ruby Ridge in 1992!!! Oh how the government can slur the truth in order to accomplish their goals.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:25 AM   #62

Another case of big daddy government.

”The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.”
~James Madison

Old 04-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #63

I think the swat teams were overkill, as was evacuating the neighborhood. I would like to point out that:

1. He was not arrested, not processed, no charges were filed. He was inconvenienced for a few hours, and while I would be pissed off as hell if it happened to me, I would also do my damnedest to laugh the whole thing off.

2. The article ("rest of the story") is definitely written from the point of view of Pyles and his lawyers, and I'd wager is not ( the entirety of) the rest of the story. He was placed on administrative leave, but allowed to work from home. So he wasn't "laid off" at this point. There is no information regarding the nature of his disagreements with his employers; and I'd like to know more about what went on there that made his employers think he might be a threat.

3. Seizing his weapons without a warrant was definitely over the line. He got them back (In 4 days) but without a warrant they should never have entered his home in the first place.

While I would say the Police department in question royally screwed the pooch procedure-wise, I don't think that calling him up, asking a few questions, and checking on the situation would have been all that uncalled-for.