Lose your job, buy a gun, get arrested....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Lose your job, buy a gun, get arrested....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Default Lose your job, buy a gun, get arrested....

Ah, the joys of exercising your rights!!!!

Seems an Oregon DOT employee was laid off, and after buying three legal guns, had the SWAT team sent to his house for his own good....

"Concerns about an Oregon Department of Transportation employee who purchased several guns after being placed on leave prompted law enforcement across Southern Oregon to step in. Negotiators and a SWAT team from Medford police safely took a man — whose name wasn’t released — into protective custody Monday morning in the 500 block of Effie Street, Medford police said in a news release.

He was taken to Rogue Valley Medical Center for a mental-health evaluation.

The man recently had been placed on administrative leave from his job and was “very disgruntled,” the news release said. ODOT Communications Director Patrick Cooney said there were administrative, personnel matters involved that limited what the department could discuss.

However, the state agency had reported concerns about the man to law enforcement agencies, who started monitoring him, officials said."

Full story here.

How noble of our good, fine, kind government to be soooo concerned about our welfare!!!! Maybe we should give them a party... neckties optional.

9x18=Makarov

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sure Scott, and you would be the first one in line to complaine why didn't someone do something if he went back to the office and killed a bunch of people. We don't know the whole story but in todays enviroment when a
"disgruntled" employee goes out and buys three guns after being put on administrative leave from work, well hell, guess he is just going hunting huh. I would rather him be picked up and checked for mental health issues than read about him killing people. My opinion, just like you have your opinion.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:58 AM   #3

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I have to agree with Dzscubie here....

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 03-13-2010, 02:43 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

These actions may have been well intended, but it is a dangerous and slippery slope.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

here in Oregon when you buy more than one gun in a two week period a special form is filled out with the dealer and im sure red flags fly with the state police. After all they call and check on you with each purchase here.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:58 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

when they call what do they ask?

Old 03-13-2010, 03:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit2786 View Post
when they call what do they ask?
they read off your info and drivers liscence number and the staters have you in the books. haven't bought 2 in a row yet so not sure what all happens.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:02 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm somewhere between scubbie and the OP. Let's say it was me personally, how would you gents feel then?
spitty was working for the DOT, had 3 guns on the way thru online purchases when I get the news I've been laid off. Should I be arrested and questioned?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-13-2010, 03:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I'm somewhere between scubbie and the OP. Let's say it was me personally, how would you gents feel then?
spitty was working for the DOT, had 3 guns on the way thru online purchases when I get the news I've been laid off. Should I be arrested and questioned?
In a way a guy could cry this is a violation of the mans civil rights. Hes done nothing wrong and yet big brother is infringing on his rights. Yes maybee he could have gone craphouse mouse but from what ive read here there really was no need to get involved. Hell follow him around a bit more b4 jumpin him.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 03:06 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

[QUOTE=doctherock;247069]they read off your info and drivers liscence number and the staters have you in the books. haven't bought 2 in a row yet so not sure what all happens.[/Quote

So that phone call is how you complete your registration. What if you miss the calls?