Looking for some perspective on this CCW/CWL/CWP/etc. philosophy.. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Looking for some perspective on this CCW/CWL/CWP/etc. philosophy..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I don't know how others really feel but as one who has used firearms in war and actually have killed with them I rue the day I have to do so in civilian life, but won't hesitate to do so if needed.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Somebody THAT stupid deserves to be ignored. One word sums him up DOUCHE!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #13

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I sure wish you'd be clearer and more concise with your opinions...

Old 06-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

That's why I carry a full size steel .45.

Because stupid, crazy, ignorant and obnoxious people you can always pistol whip with a round chambered, without fear of a discharge....then you can quickly shoot them, if needed.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
That's why I carry a full size steel .45.

Because stupid, crazy, ignorant and obnoxious people you can always pistol whip with a round chambered, without fear of a discharge....then you can quickly shoot them, if needed.

Jack
Ah yes, the origional multi-tool.

What NGIB said,actually the one response from this person gave me the impression the he/she is very young, probably not old enough to vote, let alone carry. In any case there is a lot of growing up to do there.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #16

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
this is definitely the quote i second on this one...

i mean i agree with the rest of whats been said as well, but Robo's last word pretty much sums up this guy to a tee.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 06-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #17

I think you really need to review ALL of the material presented in your CCW class. Many(?) discussions on forums are precipitated by those whose only purpose is to create turmoil. The initial comment that was asked about seems to fit within that area.

Which mode you carry in (1 or 3 - 2 is totally unsafe to attain) is personal choice. As long as you have a loaded gun, you have a choice. Far too many people wander into the realm of excess testosterone when they claim that only mode 1 is safe. I prefer to let them rant and try to ignore them. Mode is a PERSONAL choice. Think about how long it has been since you needed your gun to defend yourself. I have been shooting for over sixty years and I have not needed it - yet (I hope it stays that way, but I still carry). From my perspective and using the percentages I've experienced . . . . . .

I have been teaching the material for CCW for twelve years now as an NRA instructor. I subscribe to "the ONLY reason to draw or expose your weapon is if you or a family member is in direct danger of serious harm or death". In my opinion, anything else will put you in legal jeopardy. - - You do what ever you like, just don't whine if you get your 'whatever' caught in a ringer because you exhibited too much testosterone.

One last thought; Just because something is not illegal, doesn't make it a good idea. For example, it is not illegal to step out in front of an oncoming train. That does NOT make it a good idea.

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 06-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #18

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I don't know if y'all heard the recent story from Gresham, OR:

Gresham man arrested after allegedly shooting at phone thieves

The man, a CHL holder, went after some grab-it-and-flee store thieves he witnessed in the store he was shopping at. He kneeled down and shot at their car tires as they drove away. Obviously, he was arrested when the cops arrived.

We don't carry to be a civic protector. I am going to protect me and mine. The more of us there are, the more protected is society, as a whole, one family at a time.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #19

Default Fools with guns

I work in a mall and have study the "active shooter" reports. It would be extraordinarily remarkable to find yourself close enough or getting close enough to take action before you yourself get shot. The active shooter usually wields a long gun (or more). A mininumly trained civilian with a concealable handgun (with limited ammunition) taking on a maniac with a rifle and a lot of ammo is the thing of dreams--and not reality.

At Trolley Square, a trained off-duty police officer was only able to disrupt the shooter and keep him busy until backup arrived.

Also, stopping a crime in progress is a legally "touchy" process. Determining who is the "bad guy" and who is the "good guy" is sometimes tricky, especially if involves an undercover LEO or a fellow citizen defending himself. Shooting the wrong person is never, ever a good thing

I can only attribute this to that burst of well-meaning enthusiasm that frequently affects new CCW holders (read "super-hero" fantasies). Hopefully this individual will ultimately realize that self-defense or defense of "loved ones" is the only real reason to carry.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

Old 06-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
I don't know if y'all heard the recent story from Gresham, OR:

Gresham man arrested after allegedly shooting at phone thieves

The man, a CHL holder, went after some grab-it-and-flee store thieves he witnessed in the store he was shopping at. He kneeled down and shot at their car tires as they drove away. Obviously, he was arrested when the cops arrived.

We don't carry to be a civic protector. I am going to protect me and mine. The more of us there are, the more protected is society, as a whole, one family at a time.
That story popped immediately to mind when i read this thread's first post. I don't carry currently, but there are paid professionals who are trained to handle MOST of the situations that will require the use of a firearm; if i did carry, it would be for that situation in which I or someone directly with me was in fear of getting killed, not theft prevention at the mall.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.