look what they want banned in the UK now - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > look what they want banned in the UK now

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #41
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3277 Times on 1584 Posts
Likes Given: 1645

God I hope nothing happens here by the use of a FORK!
They will be wanting us to eat with Chop Sticks for the rest of our life!
Yes that was like the week the poor kids were murdered! They had some wacko in China stabbing a bunch of people!
So the moral of the story is, if they are predestined to hurt or kill people they are going to find a means! Possibly worse than a gun or a knife!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I don't make the rules. Its simple no approved gun safe no firearm.

Quote Applicants who satisfy our enquiries will normally be visited at home by a police officer. The Officer will discuss the application and proposed security arrangements. This officer will report to the Chief Officer of Police after his visit and if your application is approved, the certificate will be granted. If your security was installed and the officer inspected it on his visit, the certificate can be posted to you. If your security has not been installed, your certificate will be hand delivered by a Police Officer who will hand you your certificate once he is satisfied your security has been installed correctly.
OK, it is at that level of mistreatment that i would have to start shooting some government officers. That is a damn shame, and i'm sorry people in the UK have to live that way.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 733 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
OK, it is at that level of mistreatment that i would have to start shooting some government officers. That is a damn shame, and i'm sorry people in the UK have to live that way.

I would rather you didn't talk about shooting people. I am not into conspiracie theories etc. But i have no doubt that authorities in the UK and America monitor these forums. And i don't really want to be associated with talk about shooting government officers.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #44

Liked 88 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:

You might put me straight on this one but I have never recalled a situation where there were big shoot outs in California when gun restrictions came into force or elsewhere for that matter. Too many key board warriors posting here. You start shooting you end up dead. What good is your 2a rights then? The point is these things happen very gradually, bit by bit, the proposals go out there to get you ready for it to avoid confrontation. Before you realize it's already happened.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #45

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Isn't that like terrorism?.

The government would just completely disarm everyone else in response, we make up a minority as gun owners, most people here would happilly see all of us banned from owning anything more than airsoft guns. No thanks.

Yes these forums are monitored, looking for stuff like that is actually someones job.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter View Post
You might put me straight on this one but I have never recalled a situation where there were big shoot outs in California when gun restrictions came into force or elsewhere for that matter.
The last "Assault Weapons" ban we had was in effect from 1994-2004.

1997- North Hollywood Shootout

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

1999- Columbine High School Massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre

Those are just a couple of the shootings that happened. There are more.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
You might put me straight on this one but I have never recalled a situation where there were big shoot outs in California when gun restrictions came into force or elsewhere for that matter

Quote:
The last "Assault Weapons" ban we had was in effect from 1994-2004.

1997- North Hollywood Shootout
I think he was talking about people that had their firearms banned. Refusing to comply and taking on the authorities. As some on the forum are saying they would do.

Last edited by manta; 12-27-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I think he was talking about people that had their firearms baned. Refusing to comply and taking on the authorities. As some on the forum are saying they would do.
In that case, no. I can't remember anyone killing over their rights. That's not to say we won't fight to the death for our rights though. It will take more than an AWB to make us resort to that though. It would probably take a mass ban/confiscation, or a number of bans. It would also require us exhausting ALL other options. In other words, it would require the Government becoming tyrannical, and taking our rights away.
In that case, We the People reserve the right to dissolve the Government.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #49

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Those safe laws are not disimilar from some big cities here in the US. Even post-McDonald D.C. required any handgun to be in a safe disassembled. Chicago today does not allow the handgun to be outside the premises it is assigned to, not the backyard, not the garage... NYC requires a photograph and receipt of a locking steel gun cabinet with the purchase of a fourth handgun and reserve the right to and do conduct renewal inspections, etc. Heck, their cops are told to handcuff their guns to a radiator for safe keeping... People do need to be responsible I think we'd all agree. Right?

Seem to recall England's guns have to have at least 12" barrels and be at least 2 feet long overall -- that 16" barrel revolvers were around. Maybe they're not handguns at that point technically as I think the firearms certificate doesn't have a category for them per se.

One of the saddest moments I ever had was watching a middle-aged working-class bloke with his supportive partner (whites don't get married there anymore) at a mall in Manchester I think buying a reproduction, maybe it was a demil actually which are sad enough, of a Colt .45 1911. He was so happy to get it and it cost more than a real one could be had for here...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-27-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Seem to recall England's guns have to have at least 12" barrels and be at least 2 feet long overall -- that 16" barrel revolvers were around. Maybe they're not handguns at that point technically as I think the firearms certificate doesn't have a category for them per se.
Yes they didn't actually ban hand-guns they brought in a minimum length. The long barrel pistols are a way of getting around the legalisation. Is it still a handgun people can judge.
111101121645001-1-726x726.jpg